New Girl

Corinne

Hi everyone,

This is my first time 'posting' as well as my first time fishing! My name is Corinne and I live in Brisbane. Today, we bravely went and bought a Shakespeare rod and reel for $40, some bait and some weights. Then we went to Shorncliffe Pier with no iota of how to fish! Several pathetic attepts at casting later the poor bloke sttod next to me decided to put me out of my misery and show me what to do. (I still didn't try my hand at casting out after he went back to his own rod!) and instead stuck with slowly easing my line into the water so I didn't get my line tangled up again! I lost more line than bait today!!!)

After 1/2 an hour I caught my first fish (YAY!) and yelled out to anyone within a 2k radius to come and help me reel in my humungous 300g-er!! PATHETIC eh?! But not bad for a begginner. It turned out to be a 'nice litlle Bream' that I was allowed to keep. (I know Jesus fed the 5 thousand this time 2 thousand years ago, but I needed more than a miracle for this one to go around my little family of 3!)

Anyway, it tasted beautiful and we have vowed to NEVER buy fish from the supermaket again!

OK, that's enough gloating! Here's a picture of my little angel Kristen holding 'her fishy' (promptly named Nemo!) We figured the fish would look bigger if we posted a pic of her holding it!post-1901-1145274998_thumb.jpg

Corrine,

Welcome to the website of Fishraider and you have a chosen a very 'genuine' website with some great people.

That is awesome you managed to catch a fish and why not go with the popular fish name NEMO for your first. Lets hope there are many more NEMOS to come. You know you are going to give your daughter the 'Fishing Disease'! lol!

Great to have more females joining this site.

Welcome and Enjoy.

Ben (Marlin Madness)

Thank you so much for your kind reply! My Dad lives in England and is a MASSIVE Fisherman! I have a lot to live upto as he has won heaps of torphies for UK National matches! I'm a bit worried for anywone to find out my maiden name in case the trail leads back to him and his reputation is scuppered! Hey, who said fishing was genetic!?!

Can you believe my little girl (2 1/2) actually held that fish?! I asked her if she wanted to and she couldn't wait to get her mitts on it! I was so proud of her!

I'm looking forward to getting heaps of tips from you boys so when my Dad comes over I know how to at least untangle my line myself!

I going to attach a photo of myself but I couldn't find any feral ones or otherwise! The only ones I have are the ones from our wedding day and I certainly did not look that good today when I was biting raw-prawn-ridden tangled line with my teeth. Not pretty, but hey, gotta start at the bottom! Maybe next week when I catch that blowfish again!!

Thanks again.

Corinne :o)

Corrine,

Welcome to the website of Fishraider and you have a chosen a very 'genuine' website with some great people.

That is awesome you managed to catch a fish and why not go with the popular fish name NEMO for your first. Lets hope there are many more NEMOS to come. You know you are going to give your daughter the 'Fishing Disease'! lol!

Great to have more females joining this site.

Welcome and Enjoy.

Ben (Marlin Madness)

[Please excuse my disgusting spelling and grammar tonight. I am absolutely shattered, all that sea air has knocked it out of me! I dont think anyone is spelled as 'anywone'!!!

top stuff Corrine,

always great to start a new thing on a positive note,

well done.

the females are slowly but surely growing in numbers.

time to tone down the potty talk fellas :wife:

CFD

Welcome to the site Corrine, look forward to reading your posts. Wooohooo another female on here :thumbup:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

PS Hey Chris we women can handle the potty mouths no wuckers mate :biggrin2:

:1welcomeani: Corrine, good to see you getting started in this sensational pastime of ours. Great things start small, and it won't be long before you start pulling in enough fish for a feed and more. Need any help, drop the raiders a post, you won't find a more friendly and helpful bunch anywhere else.

Cheers,

Ash

Thanks guys and gals, your replies are so sweet! Very encouraging! I went to the newsagent today and I am now the proud owner of The Great Outdoors SE QLD 'Tide Guide' and a copy of Queensland Fishing monthly! I think I'll stick to the pictures for now though. All this stuff about 'Hangmans Noose' and 'Gall Twitch' (I've had gall stones, is it something similar?) sounds a bit to fiddly for me!

Hehe, you should have seen me walking through the city in my designer clothes and high heels, perfectly coiffed hari and make-up and carrying the Fishing Guide! What a sight!

Do any of you guys live in Brizzy? It would be great if we could tag along with you and pick up a few hints!

And by the way, I am from Manchester in the UK so as you can imagine of a UK Northerner, 'potty mouth' is a second language!

Corinne :wife:

Thanks guys and gals, your replies are so sweet! Very encouraging! I went to the newsagent today and I am now the proud owner of The Great Outdoors SE QLD 'Tide Guide' and a copy of Queensland Fishing monthly! I think I'll stick to the pictures for now though. All this stuff about 'Hangmans Noose' and 'Gall Twitch' (I've had gall stones, is it something similar?) sounds a bit to fiddly for me!

Hehe, you should have seen me walking through the city in my designer clothes and high heels, perfectly coiffed hair and make-up and carrying the Fishing Guide! What a sight!

Do any of you guys live in Brizzy? It would be great if we could tag along with you and pick up a few hints!

And by the way, I am from Manchester in the UK so as you can imagine of a UK Northerner, 'potty mouth' is a second language!

Corinne :wife:

GO THE GIRLS!

My little fella loves fishing also. Actually he loves the faster faster in the boat as he says. Never too young I say.

Keep them posts coming and we can rename the site "Female Fishraider Forum". :icon_peace:

Whoaaaaa girls I bet that comment gets a "bite" zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nice to see some ladies in the forums

Go girl power :1gathering::wub::pokey::15: