Daiwa Freams 2500 Or Shimano Symetre 2500fi Any Thoughts?

ozguy

H folks,

I am looking for a light reel for river fishing, target fish = carp, snapper, trevelly, whitting ect.....

Out of the 2 reels about which one are good for casting lures all day???

Can i also ask why some reel don't spec the term Drag Power???

I look at the specs on the Daiwa and the Drag Power is 4KG but on the Shimano they don't specs what the Drag Power.

By the way Drag Power...is that the same as line breaking on the reel settings???

Cheers :)

Edited by ozguy

I use a symetre but its a model which was made in Japan. Dont know where the current one is made and cant really comment on durability if internals have changed. If any one does have a current one please let us know what it says on top of the reel foot. Have heard good things about the freams but I havent used it.

Drag power is the max drag that can be used

Edited by Saqa

H folks,

I am looking for a light reel for river fishing, target fish = carp, snapper, trevelly, whitting ect.....

Out of the 2 reels about which one are good for casting lures all day???

Can i also ask why some reel don't spec the term Drag Power???

I look at the specs on the Daiwa and the Drag Power is 4KG but on the Shimano they don't specs what the Drag Power.

By the way Drag Power...is that the same as line breaking on the reel settings???

If your comparing the freams to the domestic symetre - go the freams anyday! I find the symetre (well all shimanos in fact) bulky, poorly designed, and not even smooth. The freams is essentially a japanese capricron so really your comparing apples with cherries. Go the cherry - get the freams for sure. You should be able to land one for about $160ish.

If your comparing the freams to the domestic symetre - go the freams anyday! I find the symetre (well all shimanos in fact) bulky, poorly designed, and not even smooth. The freams is essentially a japanese capricron so really your comparing apples with cherries. Go the cherry - get the freams for sure. You should be able to land one for about $160ish.

Where can i get it for around that price??

I am located in Melbourne West

Where is the Freams made from ?? Japan????

Edited by ozguy