What Size Electric For A Scanoe?

krico

Gday,

Just purchased a Scanoe for my trout fishing and am trying to work out what size electric to run on it. The Scanoe will be holding two blokes, gear and batteries. It will also have double outriggers on at times, depending on weather conditions. What size electric do you think I should go for? I was thinking of a 40lb or is this overkill.

In the future I will be adding a 5hp four stroke aswell, but in the meantime, the electric will be my main motor.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Krico

gday, a good mate of mine ownes a scanoe and runs a 3hp on her, and it flies! if we fish areas that you cannot use a petrol motor i take my riptide 40lb and it still goes well with 3 aboard.

If you are looking for a high top speed , go as high as you want as far as thrust is concerned, the scanoe can take it! a very stable platform they are.

G'day Kriko,

I just got a 42lb electric for my 11ft tinnie which should be plenty for the Scanoe. Haven't hooked it up yet but check out my thread on some of the cheaper models which were on sale at *****. $229 for the 42lb and I still saw them on sale last week.

The fact that you'll be using it in freshwater is also a bonus as you don't need to worry about the salt water versions.

Good luck

Marty

G'day Kriko,

I just got a 42lb electric for my 11ft tinnie which should be plenty for the Scanoe. Haven't hooked it up yet but check out my thread on some of the cheaper models which were on sale at *****. $229 for the 42lb and I still saw them on sale last week.

The fact that you'll be using it in freshwater is also a bonus as you don't need to worry about the salt water versions.

Good luck

Marty

I was looking at them too Marty, a mate is after an electric (for his scanoe funnily enough :1prop: ) Let us know how it performs once it's all hooked up.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies,

Do you think a 30lb leccy will push it along allright for trolling mainly? (bit short of money for a 40lb)

About to buy a 3.3 Mercury for getting to places, then will use the electric.

Thanks

Krico