Botany Bay 30/04

kikila

It was with great expectancy we launched the boat this morning after Chris’s report on his effort yesterday. The yellowtail were plentiful and easy to catch & in no time had a stack :biggrin2: . Saw Gibbo on the bait grounds and he said he was heading out to the fads, Brett also fronted & was headed in the same direction. We got around to molineaux point & set the pick, deployed the live baits & waited &waited & waited &waited & waited &waited & waited & waited then we waited some more :( , never turned a reel on a live bait but did managed a blurter of 30cm on a tuna strip. We then headed over to a spot in yarra bay where the action was a little better’ which wasn’t hard. We got a burly trail going & set the baits I flick out an unweighted tuna strip on 2kg & bang I was in' the fish screamed off & didn’t slow until I could see the bottom of the spool, slowly I gained line only to loose it again, eventually I could see colour a nice king, just as we were slipping the net under the king the hook fell out :1crybaby: , I was shattered’ I estimate the king at least 65cm maybe longer. We continued to fish the lightly weighted bait for some more trevs & a lone bream and snapper to 28 cm’ cant seem to get a legal one, then gave the 3rd runway a burl for a few throw back bream and some huge yakkas.

It was with great expectancy we launched the boat this morning after Chris’s report on his effort yesterday. The yellowtail were plentiful and easy to catch & in no time had a stack :biggrin2: . Saw Gibbo on the bait grounds and he said he was heading out to the fads, Brett also fronted & was headed in the same direction. We got around to molineaux point & set the pick, deployed the live baits & waited &waited & waited &waited & waited &waited & waited & waited then we waited some more :( , never turned a reel on a live bait but did managed a blurter of 30cm on a tuna strip. We then headed over to a spot in yarra bay where the action was a little better’ which wasn’t hard. We got a burly trail going & set the baits I flick out an unweighted tuna strip on 2kg & bang I was in' the fish screamed off & didn’t slow until I could see the bottom of the spool, slowly I gained line only to loose it again, eventually I could see colour a nice king, just as we were slipping the net under the king the hook fell out :1crybaby: , I was shattered’ I estimate the king at least 65cm maybe longer. We continued to fish the lightly weighted bait for some more trevs & a lone bream and snapper to 28 cm’ cant seem to get a legal one, then gave the 3rd runway a burl for a few throw back bream and some huge yakkas.

Shame that you lost that king. :thumbdown: I'm surprised that the Third Runway didn't fish better. At least you got a few blurters.

Flattieman.

Guest Sea Jay

Yeap bad luck mate that would have been up there if you landed it a king on 2kg

There seem to be a few kings around in the bay at the moment and they are all of decent size i havent seen 1 go back over the side latey i guess that still doesnt mean that they are all legal you would hope so though