Hawkesbury Report

Paulie

Hi Everyone,

Went out around 10am, Sat 6th from Mooney Mooney with the wife and brother in law. No problems fishing all the time when the wife does it as well. :1prop:

Fished under the railway bridge for about 1 hour but didn't have any luck so decided to move out to Lion island. Set up over 6m deep and dropped into a frenzy of bites, 1 keeper lether jacket straight up. everyone else seemed to be getting bites then snag like drag so i hooked up my boat rod so the next snag i can pull up whatever is grabbing on, sure enough i'm on in minutes, off it ran then bang! i'm stopped it wont budge 20 minutes later i bring up an 75cm cat fish that must have gone into some rocks for a 15min sleep.

1 more lether jacket on some slimey from a previous botany trip, a few rock cods and the day was over. not really quality fishing but its always fun.

PS The wife got 1 bream but not a keeper

Guest fishrunner

:1welcomeani: to the site The Hulk,

Sounds like a nice day out on the river with the mrs and her brother, good to hear they share you're passion :thumbup: ,

Looking forward to future reports,

I've caught a few giant catfish round the railbridge myself whilst fishing livies for jew, get ya excited for second, better luck next time!.

Well done again,

cheers

Edited by fishrunner

Guest crow

Hi Everyone,

Went out around 10am, Sat 6th from Mooney Mooney with the wife and brother in law. No problems fishing all the time when the wife does it as well. :1prop:

Fished under the railway bridge for about 1 hour but didn't have any luck so decided to move out to Lion island. Set up over 6m deep and dropped into a frenzy of bites, 1 keeper lether jacket straight up. everyone else seemed to be getting bites then snag like drag so i hooked up my boat rod so the next snag i can pull up whatever is grabbing on, sure enough i'm on in minutes, off it ran then bang! i'm stopped it wont budge 20 minutes later i bring up an 75cm cat fish that must have gone into some rocks for a 15min sleep.

1 more lether jacket on some slimey from a previous botany trip, a few rock cods and the day was over. not really quality fishing but its always fun.

PS The wife got 1 bream but not a keeper

Yes it did seem to be a tuff day :mad3:

mate welcome. whats the go with lion island all that ever seems be there is the scummiest fish of the sea. is that just me or does everyone have that experiance.