Bottom Bashing The Hawkesbury

ozeash

G'day raiders,

Saturday saw pekingduck, Ryan (my mate) and me head out for an afternoon session on the Hawkesbury. Weather was just sensational, swells only 0.5m and wind to about 5 knots. We fished Box Head, Lion Island and a couple of reefs a bit further out too.

Pretty good action: ended up catching 1 huge squid, 5 Wrasse, 2 Parrot Fish (and the one that got away :074:) , 2 Pike, 1 Leatherjacket, 2 Sergeant Baker and countless Rock Cod. For a short session, it was great fun. All except the Leatherjacket were new species for me.

Another first for me - driving a boat. Bloody oath, guys, this has got to be the MOST fun that anyone could have. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am really, really tempted to go out this weekend and get myslef a boat!! Unfortunately, there's a question of priorities and I'm sure I'll get around to it sooner rather than later.

Ryan and Tri - Thanks boys, I had a bloody great time and can't wait to do it again. BTW: did any of us fall off the boat chasing a berley bucket? :tease::tease:

Cheers,

Ash

Guest Aron

G'day raiders,

BTW: did any of us fall off the boat chasing a berley bucket? :tease::tease:

Cheers,

Ash

Ryan went in - read about it on fishnet boating forum - lucky the water isnt that cold yet.

Ash - i see that you have jumped onto the houseboat for the hairtail night - thanks for letting me know

Yep was great day out. thanks guys.

We lost a few big ones that decided to take me on on my bream gear rather than the live pike we had out on the heavier gear.

Why does someone always go in for a swim when we go out ?? come on who's next ??

Was the funniest thing. He went off the back of the boat without touching the sides. The parrot fish he caught came off the hook and circled him, looked at him for a bit then took off back into the depths.

To his credit he didnt let go of his fishing rod or the pliers...true fisherman.

ANother highlight was watching Ash drive the boat back to the ramp. The grin on his face the whole trip back was priceless. I should have taken a photo.