Botany Wide Fad

stevefish

after planning and looking forward to this date as well as hoping for good weather the day came along with reports from bom at 3am saying light and variable winds and good conditions.

i drove down to cooks river with the odd light shower but nothing to really worry about. a short time later brett (tunofun) rolled into the ramp and we loaded the boat for our first trip out together (cheers fishraider). the boat was launched and we mosied down the river then the wind picked up and it started to rain, hmm.

headed to the livie spot in the downpour + gale and came up with 1 yakka and a wet arse.

that was too hard so we decided too head out to the close fad and re assess. the further we went the better the sea was and soon we were at the close fad. first pass saw a couple of hits but no hookups. next pass saw a little dollie come aboard and the next a double hook-up on little dollies. we kept these to ensure a feed. after this we headed to the wide fad hoping for some bigger fish.

the seas were very sloppy and uncomfortable so we kept on the move with a few passes of the fad and more often than not ther was a hook up on one of the christmas trees. at this stage we realised we would get enough fish so all the fish hooked neatly were released. after a while we stopped trolling and cast pillies and sent the livie. the livie got snatched after about 20 seconds without hook up but there was little interested in the pillies.

a few more passes and a few more dollies before we decided to head inwards. on the way in we were trolling and i picked up a stripe tuna that took a while on 12pound gear.

we headed into the cliffs to troll for a tailor or king to finish the day and before long brett hooked a tailor that bit the crap out of my index finger and thumb, sorry about the bloodstains brett, and then a fairly uneventful troll back to the heads in fairly crappy conditions still.

Anyways, a good bit of trollin and my first outside work in a while, i had a ball.

brett has the pix

Edited by stevefish

after planning and looking forward to this date as well as hoping for good weather the day came along with reports from bom at 3am saying light and variable winds and good conditions.

i drove down to cooks river with the odd light shower but nothing to really worry about. a short time later brett (tunofun) rolled into the ramp and we loaded the boat for our first trip out together (cheers fishraider). the boat was launched and we mosied down the river then the wind picked up and it started to rain, hmm.

headed to the livie spot in the downpour + gale and came up with 1 yakka and a wet arse.

that was too hard so we decided too head out to the close fad and re assess. the further we went the better the sea was and soon we were at the close fad. first pass saw a couple of hits but no hookups. next pass saw a little dollie come aboard and the next a double hook-up on little dollies. we kept these to ensure a feed. after this we headed to the wide fad hoping for some bigger fish.

the seas were very sloppy and uncomfortable so we kept on the move with a few passes of the fad and more often than not ther was a hook up on one of the christmas trees. at this stage we realised we would get enough fish so all the fish hooked neatly were released. after a while we stopped trolling and cast pillies and sent the livie. the livie got snatched after about 20 seconds without hook up but there was little interested in the pillies.

a few more passes and a few more dollies before we decided to head inwards. on the way in we were trolling and i picked up a stripe tuna that took a while on 12pound gear.

we headed into the cliffs to troll for a tailor or king to finish the day and before long brett hooked a tailor that bit the crap out of my index finger and thumb, sorry about the bloodstains brett, and then a fairly uneventful troll back to the heads in fairly crappy conditions still.

Anyways, a good bit of trollin and my first outside work in a while, i had a ball.

brett has the pix

Nice report - sounds like a nice day despite the weather. It'll be nice when those pics are posted.

Flattieman.

Guest madsmc

Some nice fish there guys, well done.

I never get tired of seeing pics of dollies, great looking fish.

Shane

:1fishing1:

its hard to beleive that they go from the most beautiful looking fish to dead ugly in less then 10 minutes, thats some nice looking Dollies there fellas....they are great fun