Botany Bay 13/5/06

BUSTER 1

Fished Botany Bay this morning bit of a late start left the ramp just on first light by the time I got to the spot the sun was just starting to rise conditions where great with a light south westerly and a run in tide the reddies were on the straight away hitting the pillchards hard but as the sun got higher the bites became more tentative and I missed a lot of hits , I started to leave the bail arm open and let the fish run before striking this seemed to work got a lot of small reddies about 28 cm anyway the best reddie went 36 cm, in between the reddies a few tevally and a flattie turned up all in all not a bad morning ,left there and went for a spin 2 hours later all I had was 3 under sized flathead

WHERE ARE THE FLATHEAD is anybody getting any

post-571-1147496983_thumb.jpg

Great catch mate considering how tough it was out there today.. fished Botany today landbased myself amongst 7 other keen fishos ( Really miss my boat now :thumbdown: ) and only saw I Bream and lonely Trev landed so you did allright mate!

Great job, BUSTER_1! Some lovely fish there. I too fished the Bay landbased today (like Sammy), late afternoon for a 52cm flattie. I'm pretty sure there were some others there too. I fished Kogarah Bay, the fish was taken on a Squidgy wriggler. If I fished into the night, I reackon I might've seen a few more hit the shore, as something was definitely attacking some baitfish in the area.

Flattieman.