The Bay Fires Up Again

Outnumbered

hit the bay early and conditions were perfect so i grabbed a half dozen livies and then decided it was too nice to stay inside the heads so i trolled outside and headed north.

i came across some birds working their little wings off so i pulled my lures along the edge of the action for zero results but the sounder showed huge numbers of big fish under me. a quick re-rig saw livies going overboard on two outfits and expectations high.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ snap !!!!! damn not enough drag!!!

oh well i still have 5 more livies, motor back up and drop them again but this time my lines start floating back to the surface :ranting2: jackets!!!!

lost all the livies so i trolled lures around for a while for one small stripie (about a kg) and a bonnie then headed in to the third runway and met up with seajay.

got a nice burley trail going and it wasnt long before the slimies were there in numbers and size. after a few hours of great fun i moved up to moll point for a couple of hours of rest (not a bite ).

on the way back to the ramp i decieded to give the first runway a shot and it went off big time. In a two hour session of floating bonnie strips and flicking unweighted plastics i boated well over 30 trevs, most of them small but i kept 8 over 30cm.

while all this was happening i had a bait on the bottom that went off on a screaming run that ended with the line breaking on the eye of the hook (not at the knot).

so a great day weather wise ended with a lot of action on light gear and a good feed to boot, who could ask for more.

Guest Sea Jay

Great to meet you brian you are a top bloke will have to meet up with you again out there, dissapointing that the kings wernt hitting but the trevs and slimies where still fun

hit the bay early and conditions were perfect so i grabbed a half dozen livies and then decided it was too nice to stay inside the heads so i trolled outside and headed north.

i came across some birds working their little wings off so i pulled my lures along the edge of the action for zero results but the sounder showed huge numbers of big fish under me. a quick re-rig saw livies going overboard on two outfits and expectations high.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ snap !!!!! damn not enough drag!!!

oh well i still have 5 more livies, motor back up and drop them again but this time my lines start floating back to the surface :ranting2: jackets!!!!

lost all the livies so i trolled lures around for a while for one small stripie (about a kg) and a bonnie then headed in to the third runway and met up with seajay.

got a nice burley trail going and it wasnt long before the slimies were there in numbers and size. after a few hours of great fun i moved up to moll point for a couple of hours of rest (not a bite ).

on the way back to the ramp i decieded to give the first runway a shot and it went off big time. In a two hour session of floating bonnie strips and flicking unweighted plastics i boated well over 30 trevs, most of them small but i kept 8 over 30cm.

while all this was happening i had a bait on the bottom that went off on a screaming run that ended with the line breaking on the eye of the hook (not at the knot).

so a great day weather wise ended with a lot of action on light gear and a good feed to boot, who could ask for more.

Hi Brian

Sure sounded like a good fishing trip.

Incidently is the first runway, the one next to Cooks river breakwall, and is the third runway

the one next to the Penhryn boat ramp ??

ilk

Fellas i have decided next season i will be dedicating a few trips for the bay instead of doing all my fishing out of the harbour, some of your catches this season have been too hard to ignore....quite impressed

Thing is i have never been in the bay...so....don't know where to get live bait from, don't know where to launch from...don't know where to fish for Kings....so hopefully come November i might be able to get some assistance...

Well done on a great season of Kings to all the Bay Fishers