Botany Bay

BottomBasher

Dear Raiders.

What can i say.

This is my first report and not a happy chap at the moment.

Waited for the moons, the tides, the fish and my wife to let me fish this morning.

All looked great ,got to ramp aroung 6am and got stuck in to the livies.

Within 5min i had about 12 yakkas they were damm hungry,even tacking my sinker.

Started to head off to moll point.

At this time i thought i was the only person brave enough to go fishing,only to see 1 other guy who must of had a good wife like me. :wife: I started to burley the whole ocean ,down below and from above ,burley used (pilchard, bonnie ,bread, tuna oil and left over sausage roll).So what came up nothing , did you hear me

F--ken nothing. 830am and very angry now.No kingzs ,no tailor ,no trevally,no bream ,not even under size snapper.Maybe the sudden southerly wind and the rain coming in big had some effect on the feeding :1badmood: .

Time to head for the runway and to my suprise there were 5 crazy boats out in that weather like me.To there credit i had cover ,this guys had the jacket on there back and thats it.It didnt take long for my burley to work and on they were trevors galore ,one after the other one all size 25-30cm great fun but sick of them and back in they went .No kingzs ,no big tailor or salmon on the livies.Time to head over to the wharf for some bream to feed the family.Dead tide - dead bite thats what i say ,nothing nothing nothing,at this stage i started to cry and thought, i wonder how much i can get for my boat and my gear and take up lawn bowls or something. :074:

I know i like to brag when i catch fish but it takes a bigger man to admit he put in the effort and time and got 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 fish for the day!!!! :05:

Happy fishing everybody and save some fish for me. :beersmile:

mate i wouldnt complain about a big feed of trevs i think they are top shelf eating :thumbup:

it was a great day to be out on the water (i was out with swordfisherman today) and it has to be better than going to work

:1welcomeani: to the site and i look forward to more reports :thumbup:

mate i wouldnt complain about a big feed of trevs i think they are top shelf eating :thumbup:

it was a great day to be out on the water (i was out with swordfisherman today) and it has to be better than going to work

:1welcomeani: to the site and i look forward to more reports :thumbup:

100% right on the quality of the trevs ,but you try having trev all last month and still have some frozen in case my boat sinks and then call them top shelf. :yahoo: I was after kingzs to be honest.By the way, better than being at work i agree but the weather was shit. :1badmood:

100% right on the quality of the trevs ,but you try having trev all last month and still have some frozen in case my boat sinks and then call them top shelf.

i'll let you know next month :074:

i had a shot for the kings on the weekend but it looks like they are thinning out now :thumbdown:

The majority of Bay king fishers seem to use Yakkas as bait, in the harbour Squid out fishes yakkas considerably, Do you guys chase squid much for bait??

Never caught a King in Botany Bay on a yakka or squid yet,

usualy catch em on large peeled prawns,

:beersmile: penguin.