Need A New Windscreen For My Boat

netic

Guest Aron

Can anybody recommend someone to replace my boat screen, i smashed on my Anzac day trip....cant seem to be able to find anyone

Pacific West Corporation Pty Ltd

80 Hassall Street

Wetherill Park

9725 4144

And just around the corner from you

Pacific West Corporation Pty Ltd

80 Hassall Street

Wetherill Park

9725 4144

And just around the corner from you

Thanks buddy, will give them a call......do they just do perspex or do they do frames aswell

My frame is pretty damaged

DOMZA

my windscreens are bent so i dont know if buying them will work

I smashed the screen on the pogoboat last year and someone on this site reccomended

Australian Boat Screens

19 Prince William Drv Seven Hills 2147 (02) 9624 3737

His workshop is just off the end of the M2

He did a great job, My screen is a centre console screen in perspex, about 900 high by about 1000 wide and flat across the front but curved back around the console frame rails He charged me 300 from memory and had the job done in a couple of days

Regards Pogo

Edited by pogo

I smashed the screen on the pogoboat last year and someone on this site reccomended

Australian Boat Screens

19 Prince William Drv Seven Hills 2147 (02) 9624 3737

His workshop is just off the end of the M2

He did a great job, My screen is a centre console screen in perspex, about 900 high by about 1000 wide and flat across the front but curved back around the console frame rails He charged me 300 from memory and had the job done in a couple of days

Regards Pogo

Thanks buddy, will give him a call

I've got an old hull with no windscreen, and its not worth spending the dough on getting someone to do it - has anyone built one themselves?

Obviously the issue is the curve that it sits on, but I would have thought it not too hard to heat up the aluminium framing to bend to the shape, then tracing the angle of the frame on the bottom of the perspex to get it to sit straight. Won't be hard to screw the perspex into the frame....even if it was a bit fiddly to do, do you think doing it this way is possible given time and patience?

Ive also used the Seven hills fella on a warranty job done a great job very happy :1prop:

Netic –

Should you decide to go down the path of replacing your own windscreen, I would suggest you purchase Lexan (polycarbonate sheeting) rather than Perspex.. It is used widely through industry because of its ability to withstand impact and its UV stability. It is far easier to bend to a curve (at least in the 2,3 or 4mm thicknesses) and will not require heating in order to take a bend (like Perspex). I am sure it is available in some form of tint as well and can be easily cut with a jig saw. PM me should you require names of some suppliers for this material.

John

Guest Aron

I've got an old hull with no windscreen, and its not worth spending the dough on getting someone to do it - has anyone built one themselves?

Obviously the issue is the curve that it sits on, but I would have thought it not too hard to heat up the aluminium framing to bend to the shape, then tracing the angle of the frame on the bottom of the perspex to get it to sit straight. Won't be hard to screw the perspex into the frame....even if it was a bit fiddly to do, do you think doing it this way is possible given time and patience?

I would not heat aluminium to bend - use your hacksaw to cut 2/3rds the way thru in sections and bend that way- for an example go to any commonweath bank branch where they have those thick perspec screens and have a look how they bend the curve at the opening at the tellers

:beersmile:

Just out of curiousity Bloodknot , what would Lexan cost , and how is it sold , by the metre?

Ross

Ross -

Lexan sheet is usually sold in a rectangular sheets 1220mm x 2440mm.

Cost for 3mm thick sheet this size is approx $190 plain (clear) & about $330 for tinted.

My boat (2002 model Stacer 475) has windscreen thickness of 3.5mm and assume this thickness is also available.

Figure you could get 2 or 3 complete (3 part) windscreens out of sheet if time is taken to layout windscreen templates to minimise cutting wastage. Be good value if you had a mate also needing a windscreen to go halves with. Guess you would have to compare with cost of dealer original spare + fitting charge or other source of replacement.

John