My First Ever Fish - How Cute!

abitfishy

How many of you have pictures of your first ever fish you caught?

Here I am, unknown age, maybe about 8 or so, holding my first fish I ever caught - a fantastic puffer fish. Shame I'm not japanese.

At least my hair has faded a bit.

Is at Little Beach, Port Stephens. No wonder I love that place!

post-1950-1147699308_thumb.jpg

No pics of my first fish, but caught it at the old jetty at Nelson Bay (now the Marina) not far from where you are. Guess I was about... na too hard to guess say about 40 yeras ago.

Have to agree its a great place.

John

Mate, its changed so much over the years. But its still fantastic.

I mentioned to mum that for such a big boating/fishing area, there aren't a tonne of boat ramps in the Nelson Bay area and she mentioned there was one in Nelson Bay itself at one stage??

No pics of my first fish, but caught it at the old jetty at Nelson Bay (now the Marina) not far from where you are. Guess I was about... na too hard to guess say about 40 yeras ago.

Have to agree its a great place.

John

There still is one in between the Wharf Restuarant and the Marina. But I gather it is not for public use, more for Waterways and or Water police. I think and its a struggle that there was another ramp many years ago(+30) towards the Fly Point end of Nelson Bay Beach.

John

How the place and fishing has changed over the last 30 plus years. I loved the place when I was younger and each year we spent two weeks holiday fishing and swimming. Its lost all its charm and magic now as its changed so much

Great memories when you look a pics like that

How the place and fishing has changed over the last 30 plus years. I loved the place when I was younger and each year we spent two weeks holiday fishing and swimming. Its lost all its charm and magic now as its changed so much

Great memories when you look a pics like that

It may have changed heaps, but I'd still rather live there than Sydney.

I'd kill for a job working for fisheries at the marina in Nelson Bay in IT support but I doubt they are big enough to have their own onsite IT staff.

Sorry abitfishy -

Looks like I will continue to get this thread off the track you started, but have to recall taking the family (wife & 2 teenage kids) for a 10 day PO cruise to Vanuatu, New Caledonia Isle of Pines, Noumea etc. We got home and the kids said Dad it doesnt feel like we have had a proper Christmas holiday.

So off we went to Shoal Bay for a week. The Buggers had "Bay withdrawl" I suspect. Think they caught it from me.

Hope someone comes to the party with some photos soon

John

No worries blood knot,

I'd say not too many people have photos of them with their first fish, I'd say I'm lucky. I'd say not a lot of people probably had cameras in those days at the right time where there first fish was caught, maybe more these days with phone cameras etc - mum only had it in the car as we were on holidays.

I don't mind talking about the Nelson Bay area - since I don't get there often enough, hearing about it will have to do....

Sorry abitfishy -

Looks like I will continue to get this thread off the track you started, but have to recall taking the family (wife & 2 teenage kids) for a 10 day PO cruise to Vanuatu, New Caledonia Isle of Pines, Noumea etc. We got home and the kids said Dad it doesnt feel like we have had a proper Christmas holiday.

So off we went to Shoal Bay for a week. The Buggers had "Bay withdrawl" I suspect. Think they caught it from me.

Hope someone comes to the party with some photos soon

John

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How many of you have pictures of your first ever fish you caught?

Here I am, unknown age, maybe about 8 or so, holding my first fish I ever caught - a fantastic puffer fish. Shame I'm not japanese.

At least my hair has faded a bit.

Is at Little Beach, Port Stephens. No wonder I love that place!

post-1950-1147699308_thumb.jpg

Hi guys, a fello red head we will take over the world one day mate.

cheers james