Hawkesbury 19/05/06

inhlanzi

G'day Raiders

The Fish Gods must be with me at the moment. Went in search of the big you know whats again this morning. Had planned to be out all day but got a call from the better half to say she was crook and thus get your butt back home and fetch the kids from school.

Caught some nice smallish yakka and set them out as livies. When I put out the big baits I always keep trying to catch more livies. Anyway my livie stick gets hit for six and the mono trace parts at the swivel. That was no livie so I thow out a heavier stick and as I put her in the holder ...bang... hmmm bit bigger than he average tailor and is pulling all over the place. Big silver flash and what the? Yahoooo first hairtail of the season!! Stoked. Tackel: 3/0 ganged and a small bead sinker 8kg mono.

Couple more hits but they turned out to be +_35cm tailor.

Got a visit from a pod of Dolphins just to make it an ever better day.

Time was running out and the livies had not been touched all morning. Clean up the deck and pull all the other rods in. I thought I will leave the livies till last ...you never know...Just as I go to pick up the first big stick rrrrrrtttt on the other one. If there was someone else on the boat I would have thought they were pulling the piss for sure. Ready to grab the second big sick and nothing for about a minute. Pick up the fist one again and wind her in and as the livie reaches the boat the other one heads of again short and sharp rrrrtt rrrrttt. I Think I have totally stuffed it and finish stowing the first rod and off she goes again...bang yup hookup and she starts to run not a big you know what but solid none the less. Out of he dephths appears a 60 to 70cm flattie. Out with the gaf and swing it onto the deck. Pull the pick and rush home...

I will try to get some pics to post over the weekend. All the fish still on ice. My mate has my camera at the moment. What an awsome half day!!!

Hope all you Raiders have a good weekend

Good stuff mate.. I'm just getting ready for an allnighter on the mighty Hawkesbury and to say I'm pumped is an understatement :yahoo: We've got livebait,food :beersmile: the :wife: under control nice boat and great company to top it off.. hopefully I can post a good report like this one sometime over the w/e..Happy fishing fellow raiders

Good stuff mate.. I'm just getting ready for an allnighter on the mighty Hawkesbury and to say I'm pumped is an understatement :yahoo: We've got livebait,food :beersmile: the :wife: under control nice boat and great company to top it off.. hopefully I can post a good report like this one sometime over the w/e..Happy fishing fellow raiders

Good luck, Sammy!

Flattieman.

G'day sammy where are you going in the system?

I can give you a few pointers as to where some of the spots are and whats catching them.

In the last two weeks I have got Hairtail, Leather Jackets, School Jew, Salmon, Tailor 10 to 55cm, Small Snapper, hammerheads, Small whalers, Yakka, Slimies, Assorted Bream, Flounder and a few very nice flathead and squid.

Attached is one of the big flatties I got. Went over a meter!!!

good luck

post-1963-1148033879_thumb.jpg

I can give you a few pointers as to where some of the spots are and whats catching them.

In the last two weeks I have got Hairtail, Leather Jackets, School Jew, Salmon, Tailor 10 to 55cm, Small Snapper, hammerheads, Small whalers, Yakka, Slimies, Assorted Bream, Flounder and a few very nice flathead and squid.

good luck

:1yikes::1yikes::1yikes:

Flattieman.

Hey Guys haven't left yet just finished rigging up my big rod! you never know your luck hey.. Inhlanzi, thanks mate I think we'd be launching around Brooklyn somwhere and fishing some oyster leases for some big Blue Nose Bream as we've got a huge run in tonight and as the run out hits in the morning the boys have 'promised' to put me onto some School Jews don't know where though??, they got 6 last week biggest going 4.5kg so not a bad effort.. but if you've ever read any of my earlier reports I love big Breambo's so am just happy to target those all day but hey I'll take whatever bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz GET THE NET! :thumbup:

ps What spots where you thinking? I don't know the Hawk too well but I'm learning it! Cheers guys

PS GREAT CROC :1yikes:

good luck

Is that lizard drinking some :beersmile: ?