Dollies Still Around In Sydney

netic

Hey all, as scheduled went out to chase some dollies today,

got to the rose bay ramp at 6.00am and went straight to get some yakkas, picked up around 20 or so livies so decided to get out there.

Was met with perfect conditions, No wind, no swell.

Went straight to the 8.5 km fad and threw out the livies for nothing, then decided to go to the waverider another 5 kms out. As soon as we got there we saw Dean Hayes with a quadtriple hook up so we knew there were there.

Over the next 30 minutes we got around 10 dollies, largest being around 80cm and smallest being around 60cm....surprisingly good sizes.

Then everything thing went quiet, tried pillies, livies and lures and even though we could see the dollies swimming around us they werent taking anything, so decided to clean the fish and have a break, during this time Dean Hayes had gone, obviously went quiet on him aswell.

Decided to head back to the 8.5km fad and as soon as we got there we noticed Dean there and once again he had a quadtriple hook up, threw the livies out and caught another 6 dollies then we ran out of livies. Once again tried pillies and lures for no response.

Then decided to go home and when we left dean was still catching shit loads.

good day fishing and i recommend raiders get out there for 1 last shot as they will probably be gone soon. Sorry about the pic quality, my mate doesnt know how to hold a camera.

Mate hopefully will have a few more Dollie trips although it looks like it wont be for a while seeing we are going to have some pretty rough seas for the next week at least. After that i will put the boat away for the winter.

although i have put it away 3 times so far and she keeps on coming out...lol

Then just look forward to the next King/Dollie/Tuna season

great work again there mate,

u sure know how to tackle a dollie or too..

if u need a deckie for a ride out there 1 more time id love to get out there and pop my dollies cherry,

cheers steve