Botany Bay 20/05

kikila

Got an invite from Garry to go for a fish with him today needless to say he didn’t have to ask twice :biggrin2: . 5.30am saw us skimming across the bay in the predawn light in search of a few botany bay snapper, anchoring in Garry’s favorite snapper spot Garry got a burly trail of chicken pellets soaked in tuna oil going, after about 20 or so minutes the first red of 32cm hit the deck over the next hour & a half we caught about 10 to a dozen snapper and a lone bream 0f 35cm most of the snapper were undersized being in 25 to 29cm range but got 4 over the 30cm mark. Conditions seem pretty good so we took a run out to the near fad once out there conditions stared to worsen with wind starting to brisk up & the dollies didn’t want to play we decided head back in. fished the 3rd runway next for a few slimy mackerel, with not much happening at the runway we went for a flatty spin almost straight up Garry’s into a good lizard only to drop it close to the boat, some time later Garry pinned a nice 55cm flatty a bit later I got a smaller model of about 45cm the weather started to look a bit bleak so we called a day at 12.

post-227-1148128655_thumb.jpg

Guest johblow

Sounds like a great day on the water! Those flatties look rather tastie. I love fishing at the end of the runways as the planes go over! Good stuff :thumbup:

Guest Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

:yahoo:

Seem like you boys had a good morning

at least it beats me being at work!!! :1badmood:

congrats on the mix bag and hope to see you boys on the water!

:beersmile:

Hmmmmm...... maybe it might be the time to hit Botany again. I Must admit summer wasn't as red-hot as i thought i would be there. I had better results in autumn and winter. I think nows the time. Ill let you know how i go :1fishing1: