Harbour Charter 21st May

KingsRule

Well today myself and tom went out with des toms from hook em & cook em after many weeks of cancelations we finally got out :yahoo:

We first went around various spots trying for squid in which we got 3 and i lost an absolute thumper right at the net :05: , we squided some more till about 9.00 for no more, so we went to get some live yakkas, something i succeeded at :074:

After about half an hour and 1 berly bucket later we made our way round to the north head/quarantine area, and dropped live baits, first decent fish took the live yakka about 30ft down and decided to swim all the way to the surface to jump before we noticed he was even on :1yikes: After a nice fight tom landed his chunky salmmon of 55ish cm :thumbup:

Tomsalmoncopy1148207489.jpg

The next sluggish hit was mine and i stumbled to the rod , to bring up a nice John dory , :biggrin2: , we went to net it and i think i was to eager in leading him into the net and the hook pulled right at the net :mad3:

we kept fishing with smaller baits on the bottom for a few small trevs and snapper and tom got busted of twice by something bigger on 3kg gear (always the way :tease: )

As the day was ending we got one final hit on the live yakka only to bring up an ok sized tailor...hmmm no king or salmon, but still better than nothing..

Jontailorcopy1148208211.jpg

All up it was a great day and i learnt a couple of lessons the hard way : (

ye was a great day out :1prop:

much better weather than wat was predicted

pity we didnt get any kings but thx to des for taking us out

highly recommend him, hes a great bloke and really helpful

p.s. u seem to hav cut your face out of your pic rob....?? :1prop::1prop::tease:

Nice salmon there - shame the Kings were a bit scarce for you. Anyway, reckon you always learn something on those charters and thats like putting money (or more pecisely fish) in the bank for next time.

John

Yeah, we did see a decent king chase up a trev that i hooked but he didnt touch our livies :wacko:

Yeh deffinatley learned some valuable spots, tips today:D