Record Bream

Laredo

I had a flick through the 16th Anglers alminac and found a pick of a 2.7 kg bream and its a monster :1yikes:

Theres also a pick of a 22lb drummer and some HUGE flathead.

I will post some picks when I can scan them :thumbup:

Guest wayneo

i got a pic of a bream i caught 3 years ago i have to try and find it but it went 58cm and it didnt fit inside a baking dish it was to big and if i find it i will scan it and post it soon but they do get that big

cheers wayneo

• 15 years later...

My daughter had a 54cm bream from the lake in front of our house a few years back. It was on a comp weekend and she wanted to let it go but also weigh it in as nobody would believe her without keeping it, so we ended up keeping it. Just after that we left the club as we didn't really enjoy having toil so many species each comp weekend. 

I will try and dig out a photo but it was an odd looking specimen that I thought was some sort of golden carp when she walked up our drive with it. 

There was a museum down here with heaps of fish mouldings, one was from a 13lb bream.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 4:12 PM, Muzza66 said:

Caught a 43cm yellowfin bream at North Wollongong rocks my personal best so far caught Saturday 9th of October 2021 at 500pm

20211009_182919.jpg

20211009_182919.jpg

If catch another one this or bigger will take a photo and let it go these are the big breeders.