25 Kilo Jew

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

The Lil fella ( MicK Jnr ) nailed this 142 cm jewie , which went 25 kilos on the Salter scales about an hour ago At Old Bar .

Because My camera has got some sort of problems with the Flash , and my daughters camera was in being repaired , I could only get the poor pics posted below , but I have asked a mate a few doors down to go over to his place and take a few shots for me , so hopefully , I will have a better shot for the record tomorrow.

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

Guest wayneo

gday mate

congrats on on a great jew there mate, i cant wait to see good pic of it and where did you get him mate

top stuff :thumbup::yahoo:

cheers wayneo

G`day Fellas ,

Well my mate just rang to say he took 9 photos , and will drop his camera in tomorrow arvo after work .

He also said his camera was playing up too , so I just hope we get one good enough to see clearly.

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

I am looking for any advice you can give on what gear to use, best times to fish etc as I am going to chase Jew for the first time and damn well looks like you guys know what you are doing!

Voody , its almost impossible to advise you or anybody else on what gear to use , because its a personal thing , that you sort of adjust to.

I use a medium 12 foot Wilson Rod with a Daiwa jupiter 6000 reel loaded with 20Lb daiwa sea Line.

I have another 12 foot rod attached to a Okuma reel spooled with 15Lb Line , and so on , horses for courses .

My boy uses a 13 foot rod with a shimano reel , and 50lb braid .

I fish straight through , he uses the Paternosta rig .

I like to fish one hour before High to One hour after , preferably just before dark , the li`l fella likes to fish from High to midway out , and prefers after dark .

But one thing we both agree on is , Nothing beats live Worms taken that day for Bait.

Slabs of Tailor , whole Pilchards, mullet, squid , and you could go on forever , just try to discover what the locals are using where you intend to fish.

Mick

Hey Mick, what bait did the damage?

woims Gibbo , woims.

Mick