Captain Cook Bridge

mick-e-dee

Thursday that just passed my arm was twisted to take my aunt for her first jewie.the tide was at the slack end of the runout.She was quick to bait up with a small bit of yellowtail and wasnt even ten minutes that passed for her first hit of a jew.while she played the fish i taught her the valuable lesson about the drag on the reel,as she and many people i have taken have kept the habit of locking the drag completely.BAD IDEA..anyhow we boated a 4 odd kilo jew which wasnt a bad first jew for her. :yahoo: she wasnt too impressed with my :tease: ''hey its too small to keep joke'' :ranting2: oops :074: . well hours passed and not too much went on.At the start of the next runout she lured a squid to the boat with her bait and scooped it with the hand net...fluke.. :1yikes: ..i whacked it on live for bait and it didnt even last 5 mins.and i boated a 5kilo jew. first live squid ive ever used and for sure it aint gonna be my last.. gutting them we found half a dozen yellowtail heads we threw in after cutting off the fillets earlier for bait.so it makes you wonder where your fish frames go when you throw them. this week i might try floating a yellowtail head down the berley trail to see what they might get swallowed by.... :

Guest Saqa

Great report :thumbup: .Good on you for getting family involved and congrats to your aunt on her great catch

mate congrates to ya aunt... im still looking for my first jew, i cant belive there still roaming around the bridges i might have to get the boat out... great report, keep us up to date on your other trips... :yahoo::beersmile:

cheers mrflathead :1fishing1:

Will keep the reports going as people tell me its overfished there but story is they are there ..you just got to keep trying new things.....plain pilchard or prawn baits just dont cut it anymore, they will catch but there is more in the oceon than that they find appetising..