Botany Bay 26/5/06

ilk fish

Went to fish the second runway late afternoon. , The wind was around 20 knots

and the waves were quite large.

Found that the tide was so strong that it turned the boat side on to the oncoming waves,

it wasnt an issue as my boat is quite large, but its something small boat owners should

consider, hence, if there is a large tide, and strong winds, consider the effects it would

have in your anchoring situation

I got one good hit, probably a large trevally, but thats about it. so after a short while, I

packed it in.

Lately I found that if the tide is raging (with a very high tide coming up), I dont get many bites,

do you guys experience the same thing ? ? ? ? ? ?

Yeah i have also noticed the fact of a big tide and no action. not sure what it is but it does happen.

theres no way id have taken my boat out n those conditions to chopped up for my boat anyways.

Guest Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

hey guys

would you consider my savage ranger 4.3 tinny a tad small for 2 meter waves in botany???

hey guys

would you consider my savage ranger 4.3 tinny a tad small for 2 meter waves in botany???

Sometimes the wave shape is so sharp, and close together that you can be trapped inbetween

them and you can be swamped from the front , side or behind.

Further since the bay is virtually 10km by 5km, its air temp is at times very different to that

of the land, and some real weird gusts come out of nowhere (and it feels like being hit by

semi trailer). So its not just wave size that does all the damage. The main thing is to realise

that all this happens virtually instantaneously