27/5/05 Stockton Beach

union

Me and 3 other mates went fishing early saturday morning on stockton beach. There was a current running to the north all the way up the beach and most of the surf was huge and coming from the left and right. I was running a 30lb abrasive line on a 6000 size reel so i didnt have much line left on my reel and the line because of its thickness was getting smashed by the waves. Despite that 2 mates had pulled in 2 salmon already and then i was on with something big, i suspected a big salmon or a massive taylor, it pulled my rod hard, more then anything else i had but then all of a sudden i lost the bastard. Another mate right after that pulled in a school jew :1badmood:

I ended up changing my reel with another 600 size with 15lb line and 30lb leader and casts were much further and easier in the waves, but by that time the fish were gone and i got nothing.

Funny enough, no one caugh any taylor in the end it was 4 salmon and 1 jew, usually its taylor every hook up with the odd salmon. I was very surprised about the jew.

Edited by union

Guest madsmc

A couple of sambo's and a jew is a pretty good effort I reckon. :thumbup:

What baits are you guys using, ganged pillies?

Shane

:1fishing1:

G`day Fellas ,

With no tailor biting , the minute I got that Ist Salmon , I would have slabbed it , and anchored a nice strip of it just beyond the drop off .

Most times the changing of Baits and tactics works a treat , and more than likely , you had a nice School of Jewies running , who had cleaned up the Tailor , or at least scared them off somewhat .

The salmon I think ,are much dumber than Tailor.

Mick

G`day Fellas ,

With no tailor biting , the minute I got that Ist Salmon , I would have slabbed it , and anchored a nice strip of it just beyond the drop off .

Most times the changing of Baits and tactics works a treat , and more than likely , you had a nice School of Jewies running , who had cleaned up the Tailor , or at least scared them off somewhat .

The salmon I think ,are much dumber than Tailor.

Mick

:dito: . Good result despite, union. I think you might've hooked a jewie.

Flattieman.

:dito: . Good result despite, union. I think you might've hooked a jewie.

Flattieman.

yeh just ganged pillies, never let me down before.

I think im gonna try that, cut a fillet off a salmon and put it back in.