First Report

madasacutsnake

Finally got a couple of afternoons off work to get out for a fish. :yahoo:

First one was on the weekend and off to the lagoon behind werri beach to chase bream. Headed off on foot and took all the plastics and some prawns. Couldn't even get a touch on the plastics. Tried half a dozen different colours and styles to no avail. :ranting2: Did get a few bream but mainly all small fish up to 26cms. There is alot of freshwater in there at the moment and after the rain we had today it will hopefully open up to the ocean for a few days for a bit of a flush out.

Second trip was yesterday afternoon and down to Broughton Creek (off the shoalhaven). Took the tinnie out for a run with my brother. Just fished bait and it was hard to get away from the small tailor even though they were fun to catch on the light gear. Got a couple of just legal flatties and a few small bream and reddies but nothing worth keeping. Decided to get the heavy gear out and try for a jew. I have never really targeted them much in the past and don't really know enough about jew fishing yet but after seeing post after post after post of good jewies being caught was very keen to give it a go.

I know a couple of places there, where there are good holes and know quite a few people who have landed good fish there.

Didn't have any luck. But it sure beat the hell out of being at work!

Here are the conditions: 5pm, tide had just about run out and was using live tailor on a 6/0 with 50lb mono with a good sized running ball sinker. :wacko:

Was I wasting my time? My thoughts were it may have been a bit better If I could have hung around for the run in a couple of hours after dark?

I would love some tips! Very keen to bag my first one :biggrin2:

:beersmile: Stallo

Finally got a couple of afternoons off work to get out for a fish. :yahoo:

First one was on the weekend and off to the lagoon behind werri beach to chase bream. Headed off on foot and took all the plastics and some prawns. Couldn't even get a touch on the plastics. Tried half a dozen different colours and styles to no avail. :ranting2: Did get a few bream but mainly all small fish up to 26cms. There is alot of freshwater in there at the moment and after the rain we had today it will hopefully open up to the ocean for a few days for a bit of a flush out.

Second trip was yesterday afternoon and down to Broughton Creek (off the shoalhaven). Took the tinnie out for a run with my brother. Just fished bait and it was hard to get away from the small tailor even though they were fun to catch on the light gear. Got a couple of just legal flatties and a few small bream and reddies but nothing worth keeping. Decided to get the heavy gear out and try for a jew. I have never really targeted them much in the past and don't really know enough about jew fishing yet but after seeing post after post after post of good jewies being caught was very keen to give it a go.

I know a couple of places there, where there are good holes and know quite a few people who have landed good fish there.

Didn't have any luck. But it sure beat the hell out of being at work!

Here are the conditions: 5pm, tide had just about run out and was using live tailor on a 6/0 with 50lb mono with a good sized running ball sinker. :wacko:

Was I wasting my time? My thoughts were it may have been a bit better If I could have hung around for the run in a couple of hours after dark?

I would love some tips! Very keen to bag my first one :biggrin2:

:beersmile: Stallo

Nice first report, Stallo! :thumbup: I'm no expert on jewies, but I think you should've hung around for the run in a couple of hours after dark.

Flattieman.

Guest wayneo

gday there stallo

nice report as most raiders know already about me is i love jew fishing and if a raider needs some help catching one im more than happy to help.mate what you need to learn is most holes which hold big jews are only worth fishing the run in or the run out tide very rarely both.so check your sounder and you can work out which tide is best for that particular hole.always use fresh baits and leave your rod in the holder and never strike for jews as you will always pull the hook.big baits big fish.if you have any questions pm me mate

cheers wayneo