Is This Cheating

Guest crow

Guest crow

Hello fellow fishraiders,

It has just come to my attention that a fellow fishing buddy of mine (not on this or any other site) is considering buying an underwater camera & monitor........

Has anybody used one of these before & whats your opinion :argue:

I think its cheating...LoL

They come with a small camera and about 5" monitor....hmmmmm

BUT it wont stop me fishing with him if he buys one.. :074:

Let me know

Excellent idea! Tunofun and myself were talking about how good it would be. It would give you an advantage for sure. Imagine being able to see a fish take the bait and know exactly when to strike, knowing what species are showing up on the sounder would be good as well.

I could imagine being offshore and seeing a school of fish, what sort of fish do you think they are gaz? Let put the camera down and take a look. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR $!%# there leather jackets quick QUICK pull in the camera..................... :074::074::074:

Excellent idea! Tunofun and myself were talking about how good it would be. It would give you an advantage for sure. Imagine being able to see a fish take the bait and know exactly when to strike, knowing what species are showing up on the sounder would be good as well.

I could imagine being offshore and seeing a school of fish, what sort of fish do you think they are gaz? Let put the camera down and take a look. AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR $!%# there leather jackets quick QUICK pull in the camera..................... :074::074::074:

:Funny-Post::074::074::074: Also helpful when checking crab traps.

Flattieman.

:Funny-Post::Funny-Post:

I also think its a great idea, it would definately raise the experience of fishing up a notch, imagine being able to watch your monster jew getting hooked whenever you want.

Guest crow

I wonder what the visibilty is like.

whats the damage of one of these contraptions?

links?

I have a link for a site in the u.s., but i have found the same on ebay for about $190.00

Fishing camera

I hope that works, sorry if it doesnt but thats the site!!

Guest maraudingmado

I wouldn't use one myself as it takes away from the skill and anticipation. It would then be called "catching" and not angling. JMO

I wouldn't use one myself as it takes away from the skill and anticipation. It would then be called "catching" and not angling. JMO

Tend to agree but think the big advantage would be to see if there are any fish there in the first place.

Fish finders are OK but can be limited with the information they provide

How many times have we been out , stopped at a spot & not turned a scale. Was it because there was no fish in that location or they did not like what they were being offered.

I would be interested to see one in operation when drifting for Flathead. At least you could see if there was any thing decent there or just pickers.

Hope there will be a few on display at the Syd Boat Show

Geoff

Guest crow

UPDATE

My fishing companion has order one from the states, so stay tuned.......

I can see the pro's/cons for this sort of equipment, i guess it was probably the same sort of talk when finders/sounders were introduced.

Should be fun never the less :1prop:

I think i err on the side of the catching not angling debate. Yes they would be good to see if fish are present so weekend warriors dont waste valuable time fishing barren wastelands. But i think it takes away from the anticipation of stalking your pray and the joy you have when your nous and experience combine to produce results. Maybe i'm just a purist :074::074::074: