Hawkesbury 06/06/06

inhlanzi

G'day Raiders

Woke to the sound of decent rain on the roof this morning. Had a look at the wind forecasts and that was it ...I headed for the Hawkesbury in the cold and the rain.

As usual I tried my regular haunt for the ever elusive big Jews. Got the livies and set out my baits and waited for the tide.

Very few boats about and not a lot of wind.

Not much action besides the livies. The rain poured down and the skies turned grey.

Not a good omen on the 6/6/6!

Then all hell broke loose. Not on the Jewie rod but the pass the time rod!! rrrrrrrrttttt jumped and grabed the old penn squidder and yahooo onto something. Wierd kind of a fight but lots of fun on 4kg. Then the beast appeared....big flashes of swirling silver... yes yes yes a nice hairy! Could see it was hooked well so manouvered the fish to the transom

post-1963-1149582328_thumb.jpg

After a bit of a struggle got the monster over the side and anto the deck wahooooo. Straight into the esky.

post-1963-1149582413_thumb.jpg

Then it all happened again!!!!! 2 x Hairtail on the 6/6/6 not a day I will forget easily...

Also managed a nice flattie and a little fat tailor.

Boat, fish and gear to get washed and cleaned and some Hairtail slabs to be cooked! So thats all for now.

What an amazing day!

cheers all

inhlanz!

PS I will add more pics later.

Just to give you a size to them. I have not weighed or measured them yet.

post-1963-1149584520_thumb.jpg

Now Raiders, if that's not a good omen for the Hairtail Nights, I don't know what is! Looks like we're going to have to raid inhlanzi's secret jewfish hole :wacko::tease::1prop::biggrin2: .

Flattieman.

Wow, what an amazing fish, I've never seen a close up pic of one before so thanks for posting them. Mean look'n suckers aren't they, I heard they had teeth but no idea they were that big - amazing.

What are they like on the plate?? An "aquired taste" or generally considered good eating??

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Cheers

David.

Wow, what an amazing fish, I've never seen a close up pic of one before so thanks for posting them. Mean look'n suckers aren't they, I heard they had teeth but no idea they were that big - amazing.

What are they like on the plate?? An "aquired taste" or generally considered good eating??

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Cheers

David.

The latter on that one, motty - generally considered to be very good eating :drool: .

Flattieman.

Hey mottymay they are an amazing fish.

I will try and take some more close up pics later tonight.

There were a few anxious moments on the back of the boat I can tell ya! You have to be really carefull of them when they are on the deck as the rise up like a snake. I have some of the yakka taht they attacked and you can see the marks they leave. YOU DO NOT WANT ON OF THEM ON YOUR LEG OR ARM. It think Ken has had a nasty runin with one of them.

I will tell you how they taste a bit later. Just witing for the :wife: to get back from uni

cheers

inhlanzi

Hey Haraka

Your payoffline/signature says it all.

Cheers

inhlanzi

:yahoo: Well done Champ! Firstly for going and having ago in these conditions and secondly your prized catch and putting an end to this myth that there's no more Hairtail out there and even more during the Day!! :074:

Guest fishrunner

Hi inhlanzi,

Great fish there and I would like to think you've broken the mythical fishraider hairtail curse :1yikes::074: .

Afew members were even starting to doubt their existance, photo's look great "like silver"

well done again

cheers

Yea BottomBasher -

get out your dads and your granddads old penn reel (the one with your new reels old line on it )

and matching rod with rust fused ferrule,

use only the dodgey pillies in the burley bucket,

make up a mismatched rusted gang hook set (1/0 to 4/0) will do,

use a wire leader off and old buggered rapala 18 that you used in the whitsundays

and cast very boredly away from your fancy jewie baits.

Its that easy...java script:emoticon(':biggrin2:',%20'smid_12')