Waitemata 08.06.06

clutch

Hi guys, worked til midnite last night, then a few beers when I got home so didnt get up till 9am this morning and the weather was so nice that I just had to take a long overdue venture out on the beautiful Waitemata.

The water was like a mill pond......Idont get too many days a year like this ( actually the last 3 have been the same)..

post-133-1149749171_thumb.jpg

went out to one of my usual haunts on the edge of our local marine reserve and for the first time ever I recieved a visit from the Department of Conservation .......

post-133-1149749347_thumb.jpg

They thought I was alittle too close to the edge of the reserve and that my line maty be straying into it :biggrin2: ..........what do you think...

post-133-1149749479_thumb.jpg

There was absolutely no action there at all so I decided to move back toward shore to one of my favourite old pozzies. I had purposely not filled my fuel tank thinking that my season was over and then I get weather like this where I could have gone anywhere.

I was getting heaps of bites but they were all small and had thrown a couple back when I spotted these guys....

to be continued

Well apparently I cant post any more pics after this one........

post-133-1149750894_thumb.jpg

Well i guess I gotta finish without a pic of my 4 snappers :biggrin2:

nothing big but a great day out

Heres a pic of the baby snaps...

post-133-1149751161_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure whats happening with my posting of attachments

Well apparently I cant post any more pics after this one........

post-133-1149750894_thumb.jpg

Well i guess I gotta finish without a pic of my 4 snappers :biggrin2:

nothing big but a great day out

Heres a pic of the baby snaps...

post-133-1149751161_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure whats happening with my posting of attachments

post-133-1149751353_thumb.jpg

Edited by clutch

beaut reddies mate, looks like the conditions were better than perfect if you ask me not even a ripple. and the rest of us were at work. lucky you a fishing trip with no fish is better than a day at work hands down.

Guest madsmc

I wish we could have a day with such beautiful conditions. Just one day! :1badmood:

:074: Good report as always clutch. You certainly have the weather gods on your side at the moment. Nice pics too.

Shane

:1fishing1:

You take a good photo mate.... where they killer whales?

Just big dolphins Kevvie...and they were feeding, working together.....one was slapping his tail on the surface to scare the baitfish and it was shallow enough so you could see the wake on top where they were zooming under the water to herd them...... :thumbup:

Stallo....I'm across the ditch in Auckland Mate

Now, I was very frustrated from trying to post pics last night so I just quickly finished the post, but one really cool thing that happened while I was fishing is that this guy who must have been 70 idled up to me in his boat and asked how I was doing.....he was heading in and had caught his limit of 9 snapper and some of good size :1yikes:

After letting me see the fish he said I'm sorry I 'm showing off, but I've been fishing this area for 60 years and know where they are........and then proceeded to tell me exactly how to line up landmarks to put me on the spot :thumbup: ........I think next year is gonna be good :biggrin2:

Kevvie I think from this pic you can see the dolphin nose.......and that house you see there......I only live 100 metres behind that

post-133-1149819728_thumb.jpg

well....maybe not. Before I reduced it you could see its bottle nose...I think :wacko:

Edited by clutch