Port Kembla 10/06/06

offtap1

post-1870-1149922836_thumb.jpgpost-1870-1149922790_thumb.jpgpost-1870-1149922882_thumb.jpgHi all , met up with a couple of mates and their boat at Port Kembla for my first fish there, took son Caige in my rig hoping sea conditions would be tame for first time in two weeks. Must say ramp is excellent and ample parking. Sea was choppy with decent swell at first but became almost glassy on return home doing 50kph back to ramp. Headed to reef wide about 7kms out fished in 56m water for Flathead to 54cm and Snapper 38cm also small Mowwie 33cm, current began to run hard so decided to head in close to the only GPS mark i had saved in GPS. Was a 30m deep reef i had it marked as Flagstaff P ?. Had difficulty getting down through Plague Sweep but picked up PB Blue Morwong 56cm on strip Squid , which topped a perfect day out . :thumbup:

post-1870-1149922836_thumb.jpgpost-1870-1149922790_thumb.jpgpost-1870-1149922882_thumb.jpgHi all , met up with a couple of mates and their boat at Port Kembla for my first fish there, took son Caige in my rig hoping sea conditions would be tame for first time in two weeks. Must say ramp is excellent and ample parking. Sea was choppy with decent swell at first but became almost glassy on return home doing 50kph back to ramp. Headed to reef wide about 7kms out fished in 56m water for Flathead to 54cm and Snapper 38cm also small Mowwie 33cm, current began to run hard so decided to head in close to the only GPS mark i had saved in GPS. Was a 30m deep reef i had it marked as Flagstaff P ?. Had difficulty getting down through Plague Sweep but picked up PB Blue Morwong 56cm on strip Squid , which topped a perfect day out . :thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup: NICE!!! :thumbup::thumbup: Sounds like a great day. I don't blame you for wanting to go back there!

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

top stuff mate i frequent port kembla often and find the fishing great. I luv the summers there as the kingfish are everywhere, especially out the back of toothrush island.

top spot, toip catch

cheers.