Berwora Brawlers

orsini

G'day everyone, This is my first post to this site so i thought i might start with a report to ease myself into this forum.

With a dampened spirit due to weather and sunday the only fishable day due to commitments i thought i better brave the elements to satisfy my piscatorial urges. Ventured out with KEVVIE a couple of months back to try a new style of fishing in Berowra,for bream hard up against the rocks with unweighted crabs and ultra light gear (4lb fireline with 10lb leader).

Berowra offered refuge against the elements so we tried this style again today. After a late start the first baits where deployed just after 10.00am.With the first few fish being under size although not what we wanted they still gave a great account of themselves.

All in all ended being a excellant day one of my best ever on the breambos. The tally ended being 22 keepers between 26cm-41cm only 10 kept though with about another 25 undersized fish thrown back.

Great day lost plenty of tackle but who cares when the :wife: is happy with fresh fish.Thanks to KEVVIE for helping me with his trade secrets on the brawlers. :thumbup:

P.S photos to follow USB cable at work :ranting2:

P.P.S it was my fish that went 41 cm and out number the master at his own game even the sun shines some days. :yahoo:

:yahoo: Great first post, Horse. Have been following your and kevvie's exploits for a little while. Nice job! 41cm is a Horse! It's great that you've tapped into the technique that really nails a specific fish population. Again, nice going. :1yikes:

Flattieman.

Nice report there Horse ,and a great day on the breambos :biggrin2: 41 cms is a top fish in anyones language

Good to see fellow raiders helping other fellow raiders get onto the fish as well ,Good on ya Kevvie :thumbup:

Looking forward to the pics as well

:1welcomeani: to Fishraider btw

Cheers Swordfisherman

Yeah - :1welcomeani: Horse. Kevvie, I used the same rod as you have on my recent trevally exploits - the Shimano Stella Spin - gee, it bends!!!

Flattieman.

Your telling me flattie, they are the best value for money rods on the market. I bought my first one 4 years ago for around 140 bucks. Now they about 55 bucks and i bought another 3. I love em to bits. I bought HORSE and his old man one and they love am as well.

Stuff the G-Loomis bring on the Stella spin.

Hey HORSE.. even the sun shines on a dogs arse somedays. Dont you just hate it. Take someone fishing a new technique and they end up teachin u a lesson. I hope its not a consistent thing. :ranting2:

Honestly though it was good to see him catch a great Berowra Brawler first hand and get a taste for some seriously fun sportfishing action. C U for round two next time poncho.

Thanks Inhlanzi, and swordy too. Trust me though, im no master. The real kudos has to go to my dad who taught me all i know...Im still the apprentice. :wacko:

I guess a mention must go out to my pop too who has fished the hbury for 40 odd years and still kicks arse most weeks. This is the brains trust i learn from. :thumbup:

Well done mate,

Thats a pretty deadly method for catching Bream, been doing it myself over the past few years in the Georges river and the results have been very good.

I've tried other unweighted baits but crabs are by far the most productive. I guess Bream prefer them cause' they are a staple part of their diet being so readily available along most shoreline areas.