Quick Ic Sesh

G'day raiders,

Had been going thru a long drought after my beloved BlackHole rod broke its tip due to my stupidity. :1crybaby: Went to Rohit (Saqa) for help and he joined it back like a beauty. Thanks mate! Then came the big wet which caused my mates to turn into dull men. :wacko:

After watching the brief ending moments of the Italy match, off I went with my college mate (nzwarriors) for a quick flick. The water was crystal clear. Clipped on mr pinky and on the 3rd/4th cast in the shallows, it had a big take. Made a good account of itself taking some line out. :thumbup: Ah... the long awaited sound from my kix. :biggrin2: Up came this 34cm bream:

post-283-1150162036_thumb.jpg

With the water rising, I switched to sp. Tied on a smelt bm (was more inclined to a watermelon due to water clarity) and continue a shortwhile more before calling quits. Then on a particular drop, my line straightened. A quick strike and I was on. The kix sang longer this time! :yahoo: This bream made a better account of itself, doing at least 5 runs. A nice gentleman helped me grab my line and lifted this 37cm bream out of the drink:

post-283-1150162046_thumb.jpg

Thanks to my mate (nzwarriors) for taking this pic. My padawan is trying hard to crack the sp code but I'm sure you'll get it soon bro! Back to work now and sure it's a helluva good morning to spend sometime off after the World Cup. Cheers!

Ronald

ps. Where are the flatties by the way??

Well Done Ronald, that's a nice little session on the bream.

The 37cm fish looks a ripper - good stuff. :thumbup:

Is the "Pinky" a Smil'n Jack Minnow????

I gave the Smil'n Jack's a run the other day without success but the Gulps made up for it!!

Not sure where the flatties are, I only got one all morning the other day.

Cheers

David.

Edited by mottyman

Guest madsmc

Some very nice bream there Ronald. :thumbup:

With those sort of bream hanging around I wouldn't worry about where the flatties are. :biggrin2:

Shane

:1fishing1:

G'day David,

Yes, that's a pink Smilin' Jack Minnow I'm using. I've had most success on this lure if the bib touches the bottom in the shallows. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Hey Ronald,

I thought it was... :biggrin2: I was also fishing the shallows like you, but in the rain last Friday, letting the lure touch the bottom, quick pause to let it float back a bit, then retrive some more... also put a few "jerks" etc etc in there to mix it up a bit... didn't get a touch. :thumbdown:

The fish I got on the plastics were extremely timid so that might have had something to do with it.

Thanks for the report and the info, :thumbup: , sounds like I'm on the right track, I just need a bream to hit the lure now....

Cheers

David.

Edited by mottyman

I fished the same stretch of water on Monday for abig fat ZERO. Water was the clearest I had ever seen it. There was quite a bit of bait about with lots of small fry swimming in close to shore line. I had on small bream on but dropped it at the edge. I saw fellow Raider Marlin-DC with fishing partner, I don't think they did any good either.

Well done on the bream.

Cheers

Trev

It's good to see a rod builder helping repair - I've found few interested in doing it..... let alone shops.

Questions

Does that berkley grip do the trick on bream ??!

Do you have dentures? Question raised as I usually see a fine set of chompers around the rod - has Rohit re-enforced that section with curry?

PS Bloody good fish!!

Hi Haraka,

Nope, that grip is no magic grip, just for show.. :1prop:

dentures? :074: No dentures mate. Reckon i'm too obsessed with that kind of posing! :hitsfan:

Cheers

Ronald bro, a big congrats on the Breams this morning man :thumbup: , finally back in business again. they were mad to watch as they fought. man u gotta teach me how u do that, everytime we ruck up, u always land the maddest fish bro.

And Rohit did a mad job fixing ronalds broken rod, real pro, cant even tell the joint is there unless look closely.

Top Stuff.

Anyways guys Fish Fish Fish :1fishing1: & Good luck!!!!

I drove past you guys while you were there. Thought you might have got a couple as I saw Bream surface feeding about 200 mtrs to your left!

Well done, a couple of nice Bream there.

Cheers.

Hi Mr Jewhunter,

I presume u spotted us along city west link? we did briefly fished the henley stretch. Cheers.

Ronald

Hi Mr Jewhunter,

I presume u spotted us along city west link? we did briefly fished the henley stretch. Cheers.

Ronald

You were on the Henley stretch when I saw you. The fish were feeding further back towards the mangroves.

Cheers,