Spit Bridge Again

humesy

Howdy all,

Fished the Spit again last night to feed the jewie obsession. No jewies again but a fair night's fishing anyway. arrived at sunset and set about catching squid. water was beautifully clear and lost a good sized specimin away from the boat. Left a spike out which was set upon by a stonker. Hood would have been 30 cm. You beauty says I; my friends coming over sunday lunchtime to eat a jewie caught earlier this year will love a bit of fresh calamari on the side of the plate. The head came off and was split in two for jew bait. I went to clean the body out over the side of the tinnie and thought to myself "ooh, this thing is slippery, better hold on to it tight". wouldn't you know it, it slips through the fingers in slow motion and out of my grasp. At that very moment, my brand new head torch from K###mandu dies on me and headless squiddy is slowly sinking in the dark. I make a fruitless lunge with the net and miraculously, head torch comes back to life to reveal squiddy 10 feet below the boat and well out of reach. :mad3:

You have to laugh.

anyway, good sized tailor around again and kept one for the bbq. Caught a good sized pike as well. With squid, tailor and pike about, you'd think Mr. Jewie would be lurking somewhere.

Alas not.

See ya