Botany Bay

njsconst

Fished Botany Bay today (20/6/06) and found the water temp had dropped dramatically down to an average of 15'C in the bay. Fishing was very tough indeed, only lost one bait and that was to a stingray.

Spent the best part of the morning moving about within the bay itself with no luck. Tried Watts Reef, 3rd Runway, Towra and Hotwater outlet all withou even loosing a bait or turning a reel.

With low tide at 9.30am I gave up on the Bay and moved down the river to the mouth of the Woronora River and fished the run-up tide on the western side of Como Bridge. Once the tide started to run the bites were fast and furious. Using live blood worms I snared three good whiting.... one thumper at 42cm!

Unfortunataly ran out of live worms and they would not touch any thing else that I offered them, so a I called it a day. At least I got a feed for the family!

Happy hunting.

Edited by njsconst

:1welcomeani: to the site mate,

I was at the bay on sunday and found the fishing really good. Its funny what a few days can do!. In saying that also i was using lures not bait so that may have made a difference and water temp was a little higher.

I love the look of the Woronora River but never had any luck. Good to hear whiting coming out of the area. 42cms is a cracker.... a feed indeed!

The bay has shut down to an extent, but some odd winter captures have saved the bacon on a couple of trips with Red and Rodholder last week. I havent encountered many salmon in my ususal haunts either, and the trev's have thinned out to an extent too. You can still peice together a feed but you gotta work for it.

Couple of these guys were the highlights, one at 70cm and one at 74cm.

It was really really COLD hence the Balaclava :)

post-192-1150882524_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aero

The bay has shut down to an extent, but some odd winter captures have saved the bacon on a couple of trips with Red and Rodholder last week. I havent encountered many salmon in my ususal haunts either, and the trev's have thinned out to an extent too. You can still peice together a feed but you gotta work for it.

Couple of these guys were the highlights, one at 70cm and one at 74cm.

Nice fish, great pic!!! I know where Osama's been hiding now :biggrin2: .

Flattieman.