Sunday Botany

keenist

Managed a session Sunday afternoon. Launched the boat only to find that the battery was dead. As it turns out I had forgotten to flick the isolator switch last time I garaged her. Great start. So without a shifter or pliers to swap with the leccy battery, my only option was to slowly motor with the electric across to Kogarah Bay. Here a mate waited with jumper leads. He gets us going.

After reports of some mother jew being caught recently we decide to anchor up at spot x and begin to berley intensively. After a while the yellowtail start turning it on, then the pike, but surprisingly no Tailor. We send a few down with their newfound piercing.

After waiting patiently and amusing ourselves with the bait jigs, we throw in the towel. We move around a bit for much of the same. I guess the skunk pays most anglers a visit occasionally, as they say, sh*t happens. It was good to get out though.

On a more positive note, a mate headed out Monday and hooked a truckload of oversized Bonito trolling around the heads. He mentioned losing count of double hookups they scored, and ended up having a ball downsizing to plastics and Bream gear. So if anyone gets the chance I would recommend heading out for a crack before they move on..

Tight Lines.

Edited by keenist