Sol Or Twin Power.........

Matthead

I can get both 2500 reels for around the same price so the question is which one is better quality & value? I will mainly be using the reel for medium plastics work and small hard body's for Bream, Squire and Flathead. Is there a Fishraider out there with both reels, or maybe the topic has been covered already. :1fishing1:

Edited by Matthead

Guest Jewel

I have a Kix, which is very similar to the Sol, for the money I am not overly impressed.

I have been looking at the twinpowers lately, they seem a much better reel in my opinion

Hello Matthead,

Had a similair dilemma over these two nice reels.

I was comparing the two recently (1000Fb and Sol 2000)

I wanted a backup for the Certate and having been lucky

enough to try both I went the way of the Sol2000. It's nearly

as smooth as my Certate but I've been suitably impressed

with it thus far and would give it the nod over the twinpower.

Such a difficult decision to make, I've never been a Daiwa man myself but have spoke to a few converts who claim the Sol is an awesome reel for the money........ It would be good if reels were like cars and you could test drive them for while ...... maybe borrow one over the weekend or something. I don't think it's gonna be an easy decision but one I'm gonna have to make.

Thanks

Matt

I would go for the Twinpower myself, I think it is better value for money than the Sol. I own a Twinpower 2000S and have been very impressed with it, I also own a Certate which I love though, so I'm not Shimano biased. I wasn't overly impressed with the Kix which I believe is very similar to the SOL, which I haven't ever used. The Twinpower is very similar to the top of the line Stella, and great bang for buck IMO.

HTH,

Ben.

Guest Jewel

My main problem witht the KIX is the 3 small square holes under the body which lead into the gearcase allowing grit and crap to get in to the reels internals (which is how I discovered this) I believe the Sol to be constructed on the same body and as such would have the same issue.

Other than that its quite a nice reel.

Mate depends what twinpower your talking about - i've heard that the domestic model that was released in aus is very second rate to the jap version. If you go the twinpower - import it!

I would go for the Twinpower myself, I think it is better value for money than the Sol. I own a Twinpower 2000S and have been very impressed with it, I also own a Certate which I love though, so I'm not Shimano biased. I wasn't overly impressed with the Kix which I believe is very similar to the SOL, which I haven't ever used. The Twinpower is very similar to the top of the line Stella, and great bang for buck IMO.

HTH,

Ben.