Pelagic Action Around Toothbrush Island

abiasin

Hi guys, i was just wondering if anyone knows how the fishing is goin around port kembla at the moment and if there are any big pelagics to be tangled with in and around toothbrush island.

I have got myself a great setup from the weekends expo and my mate and i are keen to give the south coast another go.

Have caught plenty of kings during the warmer months but i have never fisher the winter period there.

any help and info would be appreciated.

thankyou,

Hi guys, i was just wondering if anyone knows how the fishing is goin around port kembla at the moment and if there are any big pelagics to be tangled with in and around toothbrush island.

I have got myself a great setup from the weekends expo and my mate and i are keen to give the south coast another go.

Have caught plenty of kings during the warmer months but i have never fisher the winter period there.

any help and info would be appreciated.

thankyou,

G,day Kings.

I have been out a couple of times of late and have come across some rather large schools of bonito

ranging from 40 to 60+cm, have also noticed some very large taylor being reported around the washes of all the Islands down this way. Have not seen many decent reds back at the ramps, only reports that they are picking them up around Bulli and Stanwell Park areas. I am hoping to get out this Wednesday weather permitting.

Catch you soon, Lew.

Last time I fished around the islands was about a month and a half ago.Caught kings to 4kg,heaps of bonito biggest being 3.5kg and afew snapper to 37cm.All were caught on berkley 5 inch jerk shads and 4 inch minnows,which were spun through the washes around the islands.The natural colours seemed to work better.

During winter you can pick up the bigger resident kings around the islands(I've yet to land one of these) on live baits of slimes,yellowtail or squid which can all be caught around the islands.Now is the time to spin up tailor and salmon which will be working between the islands.Just look for the birds.I was fishing windang beach on saturday,which is just around the corner, caught pleanty of salmon and tailor so I can't see why they wouldn't be around the islands.If there is abit of a bump in the sea then it could bring the snapper and pelagics into the washes,but be careful not to get to close as some good waves can have you sitting on the island.

Hope that helps.

Caught kings to 4kg. During winter you can pick up the bigger resident kings around the islands

just wat i wanted to hear thankyou.

hopefully i have some pictures to show after this weekend

cheers.