Port Hacking Help Needed

hustler57

hey fellow :1fishing1:

this is my first topic and im new to the site and its great. any way my names benny and i own a cruise craft hustler 570. im going out to the port hacking this wednesday and it would be really help full if any one could give me sum tips on where the best spots in the hacking are ????? and what to aim for ??? :1fishing1:

hey sorry il be in shore just staying in around the hacking . il be putting my boat in down at gymea at the ramp there. i think that would be the best ramp for me as il be alone and its not the easiest boat to get on and off the trailer alone. i will be looking for whitting and bream and any thing else thats hungry... :1fishing1:

ok thanks alot il try that and il let u know how i go . i have my fingers crossed that the rain will go away and let me have sum :1fishing1: time . i have been going to botany bay often and never really get anything great and then a mate said that the hacking is 100 times better . ??????

ok thanks . and whats the best bait to use in the hacking apart from nippers ???

Hi Hustler

I find that pilchard fillets often work well on the bream and the trevally in the system. Best bet for the bigger fish is to get a really nice burley trail going then float down fillets of pilchard or nippers. With this we usually get some big 2-3kg trevally in the main channels. I also find that the bays near the moorings usually have big bream and sometimes some large Tailor as well.

I'm also new to this site but i used to fish port hacking regularly till i sold my boat (guess i still fish it landbased but a boat is deffinately the go so enjoy)

Yeeros

Hey mate

I used to live right on the Hacking and it can be a great place to fish,

My advice would be the same as swordie's deffinatley hit the sand bar get some nippers

and have a go off the drop off on the edge of the sand bar there are a few good whiting there as well as a mixture of other things scaly

Also great Turriel Bay (probably spelt it wrong) is a good spot it goes to about 80ft there

It is just before willarong rd point.

Try fishing round the mourings with as little weight as possible you can catch Bream

Hammerhead sharks(juvinile) Lemon sharks (juvinille also) I have even caught Gurnard there

not reguly but I have got em and leather Jackets can be caught just of the rock wall by flicking

Peeled prawns .

Burley is deffinatley the key there though and you have to be willing to put in a fair

few hours until the fishing turns on

Hope this helps tight lines mate

Regards

John

ok thanks fellow :1fishing1:

im heading out tomorrow nd il let u know in the fishing reports how i go .. and yep il be burling up plenty and il try around south west arm and also get some nippers and i just got some of this new ultra bait and il see how that goes as well..