Night Fishing Juno And Flint And Steel

fauce

Howdy all, this is my first post in about a year but hopefully this summer will be full of them.

me and a mate headed out on to pittwater a couple of days back with the hope of getting some livies and then catching our first big jew. We had just watched that movie by greg joyes on how to fish for the jews.

We missed livies at th palm beach wharf but got them easily at west head. It was to windy to squid effectively. We headed down to Juno point for sunset. We got nothing down there. On the turn of the tide maggots got all through our baits in a matter of minutes, stripping them to just bone and skin...Amazing but grose

we changed spots to Flint and Steel for the run out and finally got some action. Problem was they were all pj sharks, but they were all massive and were all well over 10kg, one must have been heaps more, we could hardly lift it.

Then the most promising run of the night saw a live bait head for new zeealnd. after about 80m of line left the reel under heavy drag we lost the whole rig sinker and all. We figured it was either a shark or a massive jew. Probably a sharks tho. But its teeth should not have cut it above the sinker. :(

Butterfly fillets were the most taken baits but they were all pjs.

Cheers Garth

Good report Garth

Don't let it be your last mate :beer: :beer: :beer:

Bad reports are just as welcome as you may save someone a wasted trip :(:(

Anyway keep them coming mate

Have a beer on me :beer: :beer: :beer:

Boppa

There were alot of Gummy's in the river on Saturday night, i was fishing in front of Patonga on the change of the tide and saw alot of boats at the Flint. IMHO Flint and Steel does not fish that well for Jews anymore. Juno only fishes good at certain times of the tide for Jew, it is a gun spot, you have to be in the right position though, otherwise you catch Wobbegongs, eels and rays.

Try fishing up river somewhere on the run out, you'll do better there than the Flint. Fish near drop offs and close to shore, very close to shore, Jew dont swim in the channels, they swim close to shore :gleam:

Good report though.

nice report mate bad luck about the jews but atleast u were catchin something...

last time i went fishin 4 jews up near bar pt i got absolutely nuttin not even a touch and it was a perfect night with a full moon and all..... but i'll keep tryin!