Pretty Beach & Tabourie

Flattieman

Hi Raiders,

I'm going on a hike for a few days starting tomorrow from Durras to Dolphin Point on the South Coast. I will be overnighting at Pretty Beach and Tabourie. Obviously, there's a beach at Pretty Beach (near Kioloa) and there's both a beach and a lake at Tabourie. I was just wondering if anyone has fished these areas and could assist me with what I should pack (I don't want to pack anything more than I need - the pack's already full without fishing gear!!!).

Much appreciated,

Flattieman.

Guest Jewel

The ledge south of pretty beach is always good for salmon and tailor......... a few XOS bream can turn up under the suds too if your lucky!

Ohh Pretty Beach, my favourite fishing spot on the South Coast. :biggrin2:

There are 2 hotspots there. 'The Granites' and 'The Singing Stones' Both provide decent catches of Salmon, Tailor and if you're into Luderick, take some floats down and get ready for some action.

Both these spots are to the right when you walk down to the beach via the Camping ground. Go around the headland and across the next beach and you'll hit the the ledges. :thumbup:

There's plenty of cabbage weed there, you can fish the run-in for Salmon, Niggaz at high tide, and then fish the run-out. Take some food with you cause it is a fair walk from Pretty Beach to the spots.

Let me know how you go, i'll be heading down there in a couple of weeks.

GOOD LUCK :thumbup:

Cheers, BJ

Edited by Beach Fisho

Guest maraudingmado

I used to have a caravan at Pretty Beach years ago. You could also fish out the front of the beach on the left hand side for snapper. Not sure when the lobsters are in season but used to get a few of them as well :secret:. Also try Snapper Pt. Agree with the Singing Stones.

Ex girlfriend did me a painting looking from the Singing Stones to Snapper Pt. Get melancholy looking at it but that's another story :depression:

I used to have a caravan at Pretty Beach years ago. You could also fish out the front of the beach on the left hand side for snapper. Not sure when the lobsters are in season but used to get a few of them as well :secret:. Also try Snapper Pt. Agree with the Singing Stones.

Ex girlfriend did me a painting looking from the Singing Stones to Snapper Pt. Get melancholy looking at it but that's another story :depression:

I get depressed just hearing of people going to Pretty Beach. Some fond memories on the stones.

No more lobsters i'm afraid. The private lease for the camnping ground ran out a couple of years ago and the land has been given back to National Parks.So guess what, they ripped out all caravans, and also took out the cabins. Camping only, which suits me but my father couldn't beleive it.

At least it's still has luderick. :thumbup:

Guest maraudingmado

I get depressed just hearing of people going to Pretty Beach. Some fond memories on the stones.

No more lobsters i'm afraid. The private lease for the camnping ground ran out a couple of years ago and the land has been given back to National Parks.So guess what, they ripped out all caravans, and also took out the cabins. Camping only, which suits me but my father couldn't beleive it.

At least it's still has luderick. :thumbup:

Yeh I heard that. Tragic really. Some monster kingies at Snappper Pt when I was there and even had BIG tuna surface as well. Mate caught a 7kg snapper on the rocks(left side) as you face the beach one morning. Caught some nice bream there as well.