Berowra 30/6

sk.

Gday All

Took the tinny out for a spin today with Big Banana to Berowra.

Got in early while the tide was low and got a handful of crabs for bait, few decent sized ones :biggrin2:

We then preceded to fish the moored boats near the ramp, Joe Crafts Bay, Oakley Point, Calabash Bay and back to the moored boats.

Only picked up 2 legal bream both on crabs, with a handful of small bream and tailor. Nothing notable on the sp's either. Fishing overall was fairly slow.

The fish below was taken by Big Banana at the moorings right at the end of day, on one of the biggest crabs. :beersmile:

Overall good to get out, still figuring out how to effectively fish these crabs.

Cheers Shaun :beersmile:

post-63-1151643697_thumb.jpg

Guest madsmc

Nice bream Shaun. :thumbup:

What sort of crabs are you using? The last time I used crabs for bait I used soldier crabs and the bream absolutely smashed em. Lots of fun. :biggrin2:

Shane

:1fishing1:

That's a nice bream on a bit of a slow day by the sounds of things.

Well done mate.

Harka,

Nice soft plastic crab... where do you get'm and how much if you don't mind me asking??? Are they scented??

Have you used them with any success.

Pretty sure the crabs are black crabs, at least they look black :1prop:

We just got them from the shoreline under rocks that are exposed at low tide, and covered at high tide.

Will take a photo of some next time :beersmile:

Guest Big-Banana

Tell you what this soft plastic bream fishing is addictive!

Cant wait for next time to nail one on an sp, just not the same on baits.

Thanks for a top day shauny. :thumbup:

ahh, i see your in my favorite part of the world.... crabs work ok but you should give peeled hawksburry prawns a go.... they will out fish crabs 5 to 1...!!! PS, big baits....! 2 3 prawns per hook... also a good burly is a must, but you are in the home of big big bream from looking at the backdrop....! also other big trophy species arnt uncommon from those parts....! Cheers an good luck...!