Botany Bay

abiasin

Hello Raiders,

Ventured out today with two of my mates to find good conditions at Botany bay. Originally had planned to go to Port Kembla but the sea was abit iffy with 25 knot winds so decided to hit Botany instead in my little fiberglass baby.

Hit moll point first up in search for livies and in about 10 minutes had a full tank of perfectly sized slimies.

Proceeded to troll various types of lures around the heads to no avail only managing one hookup but the fish was lost shortly after.

Went around the north head of botany and anchored up on a small patch of broken bottom of boulders, kelp, sand and who knows what else. Set down a livie only for it to be smashed by a giant squid, went around 60cm long, spewing i missed him with the net as he wasnt hooked.

Bottom bashed for a while and came up ith some sort of cod thing.

Pulled up anchor only to find we were stuck and in driving the bastard out the rope snapped (old shitty rope).

Trolled around again for a bit and then hit the hot water outlet next to the fish farm for zilch.

Back to the spot which gave us the cod for some more bottom bashing and managed a couple of parrot fish and various other wrasses. Got a tiny red rock cod as well and then lost the reef pick too when pulling up anchor the second time because the chain broke off.

After that we decided enough is enough and headed for home.

Pretty good day out the winds were light and to tending N/NW which wa awsome.

Cheers.

post-1830-1151736092_thumb.jpg

Guest Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

hey kingies till i die

that cod would be extremely nice if you just steam the bugger!

bit of shalots, coriender, ginger and garlic. stick it all in the gut and gills

steam the fish for... i say about 10 minutes on high and let it sit in the steamer for about another 3 minutes with the heat off and

when it come out... some soya sauce over it...

:drool::drool::drool:

hey kingies till i die

that cod would be extremely nice if you just steam the bugger!

bit of shalots, coriender, ginger and garlic. stick it all in the gut and gills

steam the fish for... i say about 10 minutes on high and let it sit in the steamer for about another 3 minutes with the heat off and

when it come out... some soya sauce over it...

:drool::drool::drool:

thanks for the recipie mate will have to give it a try cause ive never caught one before and the meat does look tasty.