Help With Msn

knapers

Guest Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

re-install!

if you have adsl should only take about 10 minutes

much quicker than ripping ur hair out trying to find the :ranting2: problem!!

:thumbup::thumbup:

G`day Fellas ,

I would totally uninstall it , delete it , empty the Recycle bin , restart , and download the updated version and Install it again.

It worked for me .

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

it was working fine last night, but i tried to get on it today and its carked it. spare in mind i am a spastic with computers, but the previous sites you showed didnt achieve anything, i have the live messenger 8, everything i have done it still keeps comming up with the same message, i have deleted it and installed it again, run virus checks checked the firewall,

you know when you press ctr alt del and it comes up with the processes, is there anything in there that could be causing the problem, are they called trojens or something? thanks again, if i dont figure it out soon, i will have a whole through the window and wont be seeing what fish are caught tomorrow

by the way i have xp pro, maybe i should have baught xp dumb ass, hmm

it was working fine last night, but i tried to get on it today and its carked it. spare in mind i am a spastic with computers, but the previous sites you showed didnt achieve anything, i have the live messenger 8, everything i have done it still keeps comming up with the same message, i have deleted it and installed it again, run virus checks checked the firewall,

you know when you press ctr alt del and it comes up with the processes, is there anything in there that could be causing the problem, are they called trojens or something? thanks again, if i dont figure it out soon, i will have a whole through the window and wont be seeing what fish are caught tomorrow

by the way i have xp pro, maybe i should have baught xp dumb ass, hmm

I would suggest downloading an earlier version of msn because that sometimes works. Good luck!!

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

owzat i already did that too

friends over seas and i cant afford to call em

Knappers ,

I have completely Uninstalled MSN from My Computer , because its just too much trouble , and is plagued with gremlins .

But if you want to call friends overseas , then you can do so very cheaply with "engin" , and it only costs 3.5 cents per minute.

Check it out out here..

http://www.engin.com.au/public/callrates.htm

Now the best thing about this program is , you also are calling them direct to their landline , and not having to wait till they come online.

You also can call anybody anywhere in OZ for 10 cents a call , any time of day , for as long as you want , and it still only costs 10 cents.

Slip into Tandys or Dick Smiths , and buy the starter Kit for $10.00 , you also need a desk mike $10.00 , or a set of head Phones , the ones with a Mike $8.00 in woolies , and you are in buisness .

You plug the Desk Mike or Head Phones into the back of your pc along side the speakers and you are done

You install the program ( Its simple ) you recive an activation code by email , and bingo ( The World 3.5 cents per Min ) , Anywhere In Oz , any time of day or night , for as long as you want for 10 cents ! , and you also have $4.30 credit to begin with ( 43 Calls ) .

I now ring around Australia and regularly chat to Family and friends for a 10 cent fee , and have stopped running up large STD Bills months and months ago.

Mick

And By the way , The Ad And remove program in control panel does not completely remove MSN , you have to run this to do it properly .

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Edited by OWZAT

Lots of help here.

Try Skype for excellent program. It uses p2p technology. It is free, just download it and use as instant messager or call friends. You can have group chats with up to 100 people and conference calls with up to 4 people at once. You can do video chats and send files etc...

http://www.skype.com/download/

Cheers mrsswordfisherman