More Black Things From The Creek...

Jethro

After being tied up with domestic duties most of the day on Saturday I thought I deserved a bit of a break. So come 3pm ... "Stuff this Im going fishing" With only couple of hours of light left it wasnt worth getting the boat wet so I deceided to dust off the long rod and chase a few blackfish (or Luderick for the politically correct :biggrin2: ) down the creek..

It has been a couple of years since I had chased the stripped wonders so I wasnt expecting a great deal. A quick stop for some weed and I was on my way.

I arrived to find the creek a little tanin in colour and a slight flow towards the mouth... it looked perfect. So out went the float to start the search for the right depth and hopefully find a fish or 2. After a 30 seconds of drift my float disapeard in the blink of an eye.... a little shocked I struck and came up with .... nothing... oh well a down on the first drift is still a good start.

The action continued for the rest of the afternoon with good downs almost every drift. I ended up with about 25 odd fish for the arvo with 10 or so going legal.. They wern't huge fish with the best going 29cm but they were there in numbers. I even managed 3 double headers (2 fish on the 2 hook rig) and got dusted up twice by bigger fish..... Most of them still had a very white belly so they hadn't been in the creek long

I had forgotten how much I enjoy chasing blackfish... There is something about a long rod, centerpin reel, and a float that just say ... RELAX

Guess where I will be next weekend. :thumbup: Hopefully the bigger Bronzies will have moved in

Its a great way to just kick back and relax...

Since I got the boat I have spent most of my time chasing bream and bass on lures. It was great to get back and try something I had been neglecting for the last couple of years