Broken Bay On Sunday 2/7/06

Scienceman

A full day out for not a lot.

Tried in-close spots around West and East reefs.

Then on to the Valiant - no bouy so anchoared. Then along came a dive boat and anchored on top of us, and proceeded to launch divers under our boat. Said sorry but ......Grrrr.......

Then to West Head.

Back to the Valiant. Had a couple of small yakkas roughed up - dory would be my guess as no hit, just a weight and no tell-tale squid bite mark.

On the way home we were waved down by another boat. Wanted a tow back into Brisbane water. Said they were just testing out their new purchase - an 18 ft, 2nd hand glass runabout, and thought the petrol in the tank was off. Any smart person would change the fuel after buying a 2nd hand boat as there is no way to know how old the fuel is. Also dont think they had radio, mobile, etc etc. Anyway, after a 50 min slow tow back, the most they could offer was a "Thanks mate, might be able to do the same for you sometime". I know if I was in their position I would be offering a $20 with profuse thanks.

Oh well, it was a good day to accumulate karma for the next trip.

At least they said thanks!

A mate and I have towed numerous people and its amazing how often there is not a word of thanks...

Don't think of the money mate, think of the goodwill that will most surely be returned to you one day...

Bad luck on the fishing front, better luck next time!

:1fishing1: