Yellowfin Lures

stevefish

Gday all

i think its fair to say if they are on they will eat anything, BUT otherwise.

what are the favourite lures for fin?

i reckon small lures (3-5 inch)with no smoke trail and a bit of tinsel.

have heard feather lures are the go but ive never put one in the water.

steve

Steve, like you said, when they're on they will nail any lure but if i were to target them specifically, the first lure that goes out is a 6.5 inch Yozuri Bonita bibless minnow followed by a Rapala CD-18 or Halco Laser Pro.

Little skirts are very good too but they pick up too many pesky Striped Tuna for mine :thumbdown:

Cheers

Red

Edited by Red

Guest Big-Banana

I bought a larger Halco Bibless lure and Iam going to troll that in the shotgun, the two larger pushers out wide. Hopefully thatll put me on to something that pulls!

Guest Reely

As Red has said, the Yozuri Bonita's are the go and the Rapala CD-18, also look at the CD-22, the River to sea and Halco's are great and work well but the action gets affected after catching one fish, maybe stronger trebles or split rings would help. I would also run these close to the boat, they, are not scared of the boat while it is underway.

heres mine

the tree has a big barrel sinker jammed in the head to keep it under and smoke free(home made cheapie)

1 small fin to date from 1 outing

the other is a virgin yozuri bonita bought yesterday. when i asked what other colours do you have the guy said " no, this is the one." (not cheap)

how fast can the bibless babies go?

Dan can you describe or show a pic of a tuna clone?