What Knot To Use And When

inked

what knots do you guys use?

do you use one knot for everything or do you have specific knots for different things

I pretty much use my version of the blood knot for everything because it is pretty much the only knot I know.

what knots do you guys use?

do you use one knot for everything or do you have specific knots for different things

I pretty much use my version of the blood knot for everything because it is pretty much the only knot I know.

I've been using the uni knot for everything since I was nine years old when I discovered that the knots I learned in scouts couldn't be used for fishing line...the clove hitch just didn't cut it! :1badmood:

For attatching lures however I use a loop knot that I've forgotten what it's called but it was invented by Lefty Kregh...

Hi guys,

I use the following:

Two dropper Paternoster for bottom Bashing.

Uni to Uni for tying leaders to braid/fusion.

Loop knot for lures.

Locked blood knot for hooks, swivels, jig heads

Spider-Hitch to form a double.

Cheers

David.

For attatching lures however I use a loop knot that I've forgotten what it's called but it was invented by Lefty Kregh...

I use the uni knot for most applications, double uni for joining lines, paternoster knot for paternoster rigs, I use Lefty's loop for attaching lures that I want to move freely (It's just called Lefty's loop, Little_Flatty).

Flattieman.

Guest Mulloway Mayhem

the only advice i can give is when tieing your knots always leave about 8-10 ml of line over and burn it with a lighter and while it is hot press the line against the head of your lighter to make a burr and if that knot just slipps abit that burr will stop it from going through.

i hope that helps you guys

ive never lost a jew or fish because of this method

cheers wayneo

Edited by Mulloway Mayhem

I use a knot that a pro taught me 2 years ago, dont know what it is called but it is so simple to tie and can be used on 2 lb line or 200lb leader, have caught well over 100 kingfish and it has never gave way, only knot i trust

Guest madsmc

I use a few different ones for different situations:

Mono backing to braid - double uni knot.

Braid to flouro or mono leader - 5 turn surgeons, or 5 turn twisted leader knot.

Leader to jighead - Uni knot or Perfection loop.

Leader to hard body - Perfection loop.

Braid to terminal tackle - Palomar knot.

Shane

:1fishing1: