Kr Longtail 110h-2

Guest Saqa

Hi all

I would like to share with you guys one of the special rods I built last week. The rod was ordered by mapu a while back but due to problems with the shipping company the blank was delivered to me very late. Mapu picked it up on last Sat.

This one is built on a 11 foot 2pc graphite blank rated at 10-20kg. I used a machined alloy gimbal finished in gold, graphite seat with machined alloy hoods in matching gold and a matching stainless steel trim ring on the rear grip. The guides feature a deep pressed frame which provides greater ring holding power then traditional frames and is finished in TiCH (titanium carbide). The ring is zircon (similar to silicon) and has PVD (physical vapor deposit) coating of TiCH as well. This makes for the smoothest and hardest ring surface out there. The frame also has higher structural strength and slots in between the standard shapes and the heavy duty game shapes.

All the guides are fully underbound and the guides on the tip section are double overbound while the guides on the butt section are triple overbound. I did the trims in the brightest gold thread available from the Indian sari makers.

The rod is built for an overhead reel and can cast weights from 2-6oz. The application its designed for ranges from high speed spin from the rocks to soaking baits for jewies off the beach.

This is a closeup of the same guides that I used on another rod

post-1888-1153246056_thumb.jpg

I used a custom hologramatic longtail decal

post-1888-1153245844_thumb.jpg

This is the butt section

post-1888-1153246336_thumb.jpg

Guest madsmc

That's a beautiful piece of work Saqa. :thumbup:

All the best to it's new owner, and looking forward to reading the reports featuring this rod. :biggrin2:

Shane

:1fishing1:

That's a beautiful piece of work Saqa. :thumbup:

All the best to it's new owner, and looking forward to reading the reports featuring this rod. :biggrin2:

Shane

:1fishing1:

Thanks for the kind words mate. I put a lot of effort in this one, I checked back with mapu and he has taken it for a casting session and seems very happy with it

Guest BBM Rick

Cant wait to read about the results this weapon will surely bring! Those guides look hot!

Good luck with it, Mapu.

Rick.

Guest fishrunner

That's very nice work there Rohit :thumbup: ,

Those guides certainly look schmick with the nice epoxy job you always do,

No wonder you're mates want that rod in their hands Mapu, hope it gets loaded in anger soon .

cheers

Hey Jewhunter.You could take mine but im coming with it.You know to pass on anything you have to pass on.Im starting to think these aussie jew fish are a myth. :wacko:

They are no myth mate. I believe Swordy has a similar King rod & I've had a hold of that one.

It is a very nice stick. Hopefully we will see it loaded up some time this week. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.

Edited by Jewhunter