Led Trailer Lights

MrGenius

Hey fellas, after fitting LED's to my bike trailer last yr ive been meaning to fit them to the boat trailer also and finally got around to fitting them the other day. The trailer looks the goods now and i dont have to worry about the crappy submersibles not working when they feel like it.

I got the 200x50 stop tail combo and a 4 led number plate light, nice and bright :biggrin2:

post-1613-1153453527_thumb.jpg

I get them thru the supplier, there are literally hundreds of different types and designs you can buy with a huge range in price also. Happy to help people out to supply and fit if they need :1fishing1:

I get them thru the supplier, there are literally hundreds of different types and designs you can buy with a huge range in price also. Happy to help people out to supply and fit if they need :1fishing1:

I had LED lights fitted to my trailer just over 2 years ago they cost me about $270 and gues what

I had to replace them this year for rego (yes thats wright they got water in them) I rang the supplier and

got the answer I was expecting (We only warrrent our product foe 12 Months) Went and bought a $20 set

of lights and mount them in my boats rod holders.

JUST A GENERAL WARNING SOMETIMES YOU DON"T GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

Sparky

True that, alot of the earlier lights werent sealed as well as the current ones are. There is a nice thick layer of sealant across the PC board these days which is well and truely sealed up but you still do need to keep an eye on them. You also gotta be careful that the ones you purchase are ADR approved as the cops have been doing trailer inspections for the last month and a bit defecting trailers :074:

• 2 months later...

I have just had them fitted to my trailer because the old lights were not working correctly and the pink slip was due.

Cost $176 supplied and fitted. They tell me there should be no problems as the lights are cast in a resin so no water can get inside and it just the connection point of the wiring to the light fitting you need to watch.

The auto electrician said a new normal set of submersable lights would come out about the same cost so I ran with the LED.

Cheers

Martin

hey guys nice going with the LED lights

i was going to get some but had an offer thru a mate to get some narva waterproof lights

he helped me put them on some welding and got some lil brackets made up at a place in penrith( Hickeys )

heres the old lights fitted with a crappy bit of metal

lights.JPG

and heres the new bracket with the lights installed

Yort000.jpg

hey guys nice going with the LED lights

i was going to get some but had an offer thru a mate to get some narva waterproof lights

he helped me put them on some welding and got some lil brackets made up at a place in penrith( Hickeys )

heres the old lights fitted with a crappy bit of metal

lights.JPG

and heres the new bracket with the lights installed

Yort000.jpg

Oh to be able to "lift" your boat off the trailer!!!

i am meant to be getting them fitted to my trailer, but havent had the time to see the auto elec. Was going to get submersibles, but maybe get LED's now????hmmmm

Leds are fine in most cases, but watch out for some vehicles that have a bulb test program built into the cars system. eg BMW X5.

The Leds will flash faintly when the trailer is plugged in, which is a problem at night, and we ended up always unplugging the trailer before backing down the ramp.

Anyway 9 months later the wiring failed, we went back to sealed bulb lights.

Next time they fail, it will be back to a light board..

Cheers.

Leds are fine in most cases, but watch out for some vehicles that have a bulb test program built into the cars system. eg BMW X5.

The Leds will flash faintly when the trailer is plugged in, which is a problem at night, and we ended up always unplugging the trailer before backing down the ramp.

Anyway 9 months later the wiring failed, we went back to sealed bulb lights.

Next time they fail, it will be back to a light board..

Cheers.

Thats alright i drive a dodgy commodore