Any 4wders Out There?

Guest BBM Rick

Guest BBM Rick

Just curious to see who else out there in Raider land loves their 4 wheeling real tough, the harder the better? If so, what do you have, whats been done to it, and where do you like to go?

I have a 94 80 Series landcruiser with the following mods

36in Super Swampers

CroMo CV joints

Rockhopper transfer gears

Front and rear Lockers

4.88:1 diff ratios

4in BBM Lift kit

3rds HD Lower rear trailing arms

3rds HD Upper adjustable trailing arms

XHD Draglink

XHD Tie rod

GME TX3400 UHF

Sparco 2 spoke Steering Wheel

4cfm compressor with 5 gallon tank

I love to get out around Menai, Appin, Newnes and others. Plenty of places have closed down due to idiots, and my old favourites were Jacksons Lane and porters Rd.

Anyone else??

Rick.

Just curious to see who else out there in Raider land loves their 4 wheeling real tough, the harder the better? If so, what do you have, whats been done to it, and where do you like to go?

I have a 94 80 Series landcruiser with the following mods

36in Super Swampers

CroMo CV joints

Rockhopper transfer gears

Front and rear Lockers

4.88:1 diff ratios

4in BBM Lift kit

3rds HD Lower rear trailing arms

3rds HD Upper adjustable trailing arms

XHD Draglink

XHD Tie rod

GME TX3400 UHF

Sparco 2 spoke Steering Wheel

4cfm compressor with 5 gallon tank

I love to get out around Menai, Appin, Newnes and others. Plenty of places have closed down due to idiots, and my old favourites were Jacksons Lane and porters Rd.

Anyone else??

Rick.

Nice rig there rick...

i tried to take my forester onto a beach once on the gold coast and managed to get it bogged up to the chassis rails....

i learnt that afternoon that letting down your tyres meant 20psi lower...not 3psi...havent tried again...just waiting for someone to go with me, and bring their snatch strap...

crazedfisherdude just bought a challenger and wants to take it offroad

Had a 4wd in the past , nothing major ended up get written off :( , now got a holden vu ute , But thats for sale and i will soon be in the market for a 100series Landcruiser then i will be back off road a lil :yahoo:

then in time mods will begin :thumbup:

Guest BBM Rick
i tried to take my forester onto a beach once on the gold coast and managed to get it bogged up to the chassis rails....

i learnt that afternoon that letting down your tyres meant 20psi lower...not 3psi...havent tried again...just waiting for someone to go with me, and bring their snatch strap...

crazedfisherdude just bought a challenger and wants to take it offroad

Ah yes, we all learn something everyday! It's all good fun though!

If anyone wants to get out for a day, shoot me a PM, from absolute beginners to comp hardened veterans, I know some great spots for all levels of 4WD experience. Any takers?

Rick.

G'day Rick ,

Have a 96 Pajero , stock apart from a 142l fuel tank. Have been to Jenolan via Wombeyan , played in the mud a bit , some small water crossings , could be interested in a mid level drive one day. ( Bearing in mind it is our only vehicle , and I will need to take it to work on Monday !)

Ross

Got a 2001 prado, and am contemplating trading our other car (merc vito van) in at the end of the lease early next year for a hilux dual cab sr5 or a holden rodeo.

No mods as the wife drives the prado, i need another tow vehicle for the boat.

Ah yes, we all learn something everyday! It's all good fun though!

If anyone wants to get out for a day, shoot me a PM, from absolute beginners to comp hardened veterans, I know some great spots for all levels of 4WD experience. Any takers?

Rick.

How offroad can you get with a forester though?

mine is a 06' Manual with dual range

Rick,

Great sounding truck mate, i had an 80 series for a while and loved it.

I currently drive a 2001 GXL 3.4 litre petrol prado which is pretty much a stocker with the exception of a 2 inch TJM lift kit and some new 265/75/16 Goodyear MTRs. Have tirfor, general recovery gear and an ARB compressor for it. I do like a bit of a challenge while driving- but not real keen on panel damage etc..

Am keen to give the new tires a run in the bush soon and if someone is arranging a forum trip i would happily come along... I dont know many of the tracks up there, but there is some reasonable driving up the watagans and it is close enough for easy day trips.