Beach Fishing @ Cronulla.

frankman

Hi people! Im thinking of going fishing off Greenhills Cronulla early Sun morning. Can anyone tell me what its been like lately (last time I went all I caught was bloody weed)? Also can anyone give me some advice on how or what is the best way to burley from the beach? Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Regards

Craig

Hi people! Im thinking of going fishing off Greenhills Cronulla early Sun morning. Can anyone tell me what its been like lately (last time I went all I caught was bloody weed)? Also can anyone give me some advice on how or what is the best way to burley from the beach? Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Regards

Craig

Hi Craig, as per this (http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=12790) report, I went on Monday for a couple of nice salmon and a tailor. I find that berleying is not necessary off the beach from my experience, but I've seen it done many ways, from burying a paper bag of a grain/pollard etc mixture at low tide and fishing over it at high to simply throwing pieces of pilchard in the water. Damaged baits that you throw back do it well enough, though.

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

G`day Fellas ,

One of the best Berley systems I have ever seen , was used on the beach here sometime last year.

It consisted of a Simple S/Steel cylinder approximately 40cms long , perforated with holes the size of a kitchen colander , and had rings attached to Swivels both ends .

The gadget was then strung by clothes line cord , between two S/S spikes 2 meters apart , and this allowed the cylinder to roll forwards and backwards with the breaking waves , continuously feeding small scraps of berley into the wash.

When the fella thought he had berleyed enough , he just moved the device up the beach away from the wash , it was so simple , and so effective, it was amazing to see it in action.

Obviously one end was detachable to insert the fish frames the fella was using for berley , which he said was best , because as the frames tumbled over and over inside the cylingder , minute shavings of the frames were being released continuously into the wash , Purrrfect !.

To this day I have not seen a better system .

Mick