Offshore Sydney 22/7/06

Fisherman5

Hey Guys. Headed out off Sydney yesty morning. Got to the heads about 6:30, Rain was bucketing down and it was a little messy at first but it got better and better as the day went on. Dropped out baits over Murphys reef for a Nannygai,Snapper,a Mowie and a Unusual looking Leatherjacket and my old man chucking his guts up :1prop:

Headed out to long reef were we were plagued by Leatherjackets and our friend the Bird lol. Headed in closer to Whale reef and landed 2 very nice trevally one at 43cm and one just under 40cm, another reddie and large quantity of Sweep and Wrasse. Then headed in close to Bluefish as the sea beacame a bit bumpy in the arvo and managed more Sweep, a few small reds, small Flatties and a sergeant baker. A great day on the water,really enjoyed it with some good fish caught and the conditions pleasant. Thankz fellas, Mitch

Rain and cloudy!

Hi Guys, Trying to post up some pics from yesterday can someone let us know to shrink the size of them as they are over 7.81mb

Mitch

sounds like you had a pretty good day. those leatherjackets and sweep become a real pest at times. anyways well done

Nice mix of winter fish,im hoping to go outside on tuesday, is the current still pushing hard from the

north ? and were you anchored or drifting ? P.S. those newcastle bream are a pain in the ---s this

time of the year, still have'nt worked out what there good for ???

Good day and a good feed,can't beat that :biggrin2:

Keenas,I was out today from Botany and there is only a very slight current from the north.

Also the only thing that I have found sweep good for is crab bait.

Have caught pleanty of crabs on them and they are tough so they withstand the pickers which can strip crab baits quickly.

Good day and a good feed,can't beat that :biggrin2:

Keenas,I was out today from Botany and there is only a very slight current from the north.

Also the only thing that I have found sweep good for is crab bait.

Have caught pleanty of crabs on them and they are tough so they withstand the pickers which can strip crab baits quickly.

Thanks Mako, good to hear the current has slowed a bit , it was screeming a couple of weeks ago.

Was'nt sure where those toothless,small mouthed,bait pinching, hard to hook ( on 6'os ),

vermin sat in the food chain, now i know, thanks.

Guest BBM Rick

Was'nt sure where those toothless,small mouthed,bait pinching, hard to hook ( on 6'os ),

vermin sat in the food chain, now i know, thanks.

:Funny-Post::Funny-Post::Funny-Post: