Bloody Narooma

Markluss

Hello all

My names Marco just recently registered on fishraider actually only about 10 mins ago lol, I'm from Sydney. Was down at Narooma for the Weekend and got out the Sunday and Monday mornin.

Finally worked up enough guts to give the Narooma bar a shot crossed it with no trouble. Trolled around Montague Island for a Rat Kingie about 50cm. Not much action tried floating some Pillies out the back but this bloody :ranting2: seal kept roaming around so packed up and left. Headed closer in and drifted for Flatties. 2 keepers and about 30 small buggers and a Gurnard. Headed back in through the Bar at around 12:30.

The Next day headed out again little dramas crossing the bar. Headed again to Montague trolled up 2 rat kings and a decent King around 64cm which I kept. Things went quiet and with no sign of the :ranting2: seal I set up a few Paternosters and Bottom bashed for a few hours. Heaps of Wrasse, a couple of Keeper Snapper around 35-40cm and a small Gummy shark which was released and then along came the seal. I planned to Futher out but the wind blew up and I headed in. As I got to the Bar I was horrified a big mess; I putted around abit outside the bar to see if conditions would ease but didn't. I went for all money, was like being in a washing machine waves hitting the boat from everywhere was easily the scariest 3 minutes i've experienced. I did end up getting in safely but I took a big chunk out of my prop which clipped the South wall when a wave hit the right of the boat. An experience I don't want to be apart of again, the Narooma bars definately not for me lol, :beersmile: got back in and had a few beers and flaked out :1prop:

Regards marco

:1welcomeani: to the site Marco,your best bet is out of Bermaguai ,its a lot safer and no nasty bar .

We had a seal follow us for ages trolling down that way in a Yellowfin Tournee and we decided to bite the bullet and throw a whole block of pilchards out the back to get rid of it .The seals are pretty quick ,even at 7 to 8 knots he kept up with us easily .The pilchard trick worked and he was happy to eat the lot ,we did take the plastic bag off too :biggrin2:

Cheers Swordfisherman

:1welcomeani: to the site Marco,your best bet is out of Bermaguai ,its a lot safer and no nasty bar .

We had a seal follow us for ages trolling down that way in a Yellowfin Tournee and we decided to bite the bullet and throw a whole block of pilchards out the back to get rid of it .The seals are pretty quick ,even at 7 to 8 knots he kept up with us easily .The pilchard trick worked and he was happy to eat the lot ,we did take the plastic bag off too :biggrin2:

Cheers Swordfisherman

Thanks. He was a bugger, I reckon if I kept the boat in the same spot for long enough he would of tried to come aboard.. Bermi definately next go, I just thought i'd try sometihng different as its a bugger of a trip up to Montague from Bermi, but it'll have to do, Narooma's out of the question :biggrin2:

Thanks JH, yeh it was pretty nasty and im glad it didn't claim me lol

Marco Welcome to the site. :1welcomeani:

As others have said , Narooma is a very dangerous spot & best avoided :thumbdown: unless you want to fish the back lakes whick can be productive at times :thumbup:

Agree with Swordfifherman on Bermi. Great spot. If you want to head a further 40min south try Tarthra

Check out the "Pinned" Boat ramp post in the Boating forum . There is information on both Bermi & Tarthra

Geoff

Mate sounds like a nice weekend, enjoy narooma while you can before the marine park sets in, its one of my fav places to visit, if you get another shout out at the islan, try sending down a couple of live yakkas on the northern point, there should be some fat winter kings lurking now!

Mate sounds like a nice weekend, enjoy narooma while you can before the marine park sets in, its one of my fav places to visit, if you get another shout out at the islan, try sending down a couple of live yakkas on the northern point, there should be some fat winter kings lurking now!

Gibbo thanks for the tip mate, not to experienced fishing wise around the area. Hopefully will be down there in the next Holidays with a few families will definately give it a shot cheerz