Beach Fish?

Dan A

Hi,

I am getting the bug to give my beach gear another run, have only ever attempted it a couple times at Port Macquarie and that was a couple years ago.

Can anyone recommend a good beach to fish for a beginner.

Thanks

Dan

Hi,

I am getting the bug to give my beach gear another run, have only ever attempted it a couple times at Port Macquarie and that was a couple years ago.

Can anyone recommend a good beach to fish for a beginner.

Thanks

Dan

Hi there Dan ,I would be willing to take you nps ,

Send me a pm and we will get a day out :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Next week the tides will be good around Thursday or Friday

Hi there Dan ,I would be willing to take you nps ,

Send me a pm and we will get a day out :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

I need some help too. Tried out my alvey combo today..how do you cast these things!

Those tides wouldn't coincide with days off would they Stewy? :thumbup:

Dan A, I'm sure that when you get to fish with Swordy you will have fun & productive session.

He's always got a few tips up his sleeve so don't be afraid to ask a few questions.

Cheers,

Grant.

Edited by Jewhunter

I need some help too. Tried out my alvey combo today..how do you cast these things!

Mate, that is my problem, the casting of the Alvey, hence the reason I have not Beach Fished for 2 years :mad3:

Although I have recently found this site with tutorials http://www.alveyusa.com/video.php

Not sure about Thu/Fri as I am working, will see what I can do as was supposed to have a day off last Friday but ended up workin.

Dan

Guys

Most people who have problems with alvye's do not have the correct rod for this style reel. The first line guide needs to be a fair way up the rod from the reel seat and the diameter needs to bigger than one used for a treadline. The reel seat should be low so that the bottom hand controls the reel when you cast. Another common problem is line spin. I use two swivels to try and fix this.

Talk to someone at your local tackle shop.

Good luck